Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChasityB

Black screen on a onn roku tv that hasnt been dropped

Turned my tv on for the 1st time today and it shown a black screen with sound. It's not even a month old and has never been dropped. It's a onn roku tv Help please!!!

18 REPLIES 18
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Black screen on a onn roku tv that hasnt been dropped

@ChasityB

Thanks for the post.

Customers who were experiencing this issue were able to resolve the issue by unplugging their TV for 10-15 minutes then plugging their TV back in. Try that to see if it resolves the issue you are seeing.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Justlisawv

My Sharp Roku TV is booting over and over and showing the sharp logo and rebooting. Sharp said call Roku, gave me a phone number with a recording that said Roku doesn't do phone support... any help here?>

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Justlisawv

Thanks for the post.

If you believe the issue is caused by a software issue, please take a look at the information provided by our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku TV?

However, as this may be related to a hardware issue, we would recommend contacting Sharp support to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs.aspx or at 1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
link626
Channel Surfer

Onn is a cheap brand

shine a flashlight on the screen at an angle, and see if you can see a faint image of whatever is on the screen.

If you can see a faint image, that means the power supply has failed and you have no backlight. 

Is there a fix to this my tv is doing this I can see the picture if I shine a flashlight on it just got it 2 months ago 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Curtisaurus

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sharr127

We have tried all recommended options including a factory reset but we can't get the screen to come on. Once in a while there is a flash and you can see Onn Roku then it disappears. Help

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sharr127,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you are having an issue with your Roku TV screen going black, we suggest that unplugging your device for 5-10 minutes then plugging the Roku TV back resolves the issue.

If the issue still persists, this may be related to a hardware issue. Have you contacted your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support

You can reach them here: http://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2 or 1-844-334-2355

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
ADuran5
Reel Rookie

Thank you, if I can see and it is a power supply issue, is it something easy to fix?

0 Kudos