Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jean_Valjean
Channel Surfer

Bit Stream no longer available from TCL's OPTICAL output?

My audio amplifer only accepts OPTICAL input for Dolby Surround, which means it must be Bit Stream to transport 5.1 Dolby Surround. PCM cannot send 5.1 Surround because the bandwidth of OPTICAL isn't large enough for PCM 5.1 Surround, but it is large enough for BIT Stream. That's why if TCL removed Bit Stream from the OPTICAL output via a recent update, they crippled Dolby Surround via OPTICAL.  I've tested this using on-line streaming, a local server, and the USB connection, using known good Surround test files and although they all did work when I purchased this TCL from BestBuy, none work now. Only stereo PCM is now coming from my TCL P607 TV.  Is this how true of all, current production TCL TVs?  They no longer support Dolby via the OPTICAL output?

Thanks,

Dennis

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
51barnone
Channel Surfer

Re: Bit Stream no longer available from TCL's OPTICAL output?

That's not true do your research pcm supports up to 8 channels of separate decoded audio 

0 Kudos
Jean_Valjean
Channel Surfer

Re: Bit Stream no longer available from TCL's OPTICAL output?

Spoiler
You are replying to an ancient post, and the problem was identified.  Power cycling the TV after changing from Night mode to OFF was the solution, but with new updates, even that is seldom needed. 
0 Kudos