Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KETOIRONWARRIOR
Channel Surfer

Re: Bass Distortion on Streambar, plus, lower volume from the right side speaker

This issue with the right side distortion/crackling, began right after the OS version 10 update. It happens on all the channels, and through the USB movie/music playback. Movies are in HD mp4 format, AAC codec.  Is ROKU going to develop an update to remedy this issue? From the looks of it,. I see maaany folks with the same issue. Your reputation precedes you. I bought the Streambar 7 days ago at Best Buy.. 

mollys11
Binge Watcher

Re: Bass Distortion on Streambar, plus, lower volume from the right side speaker

I have narrowed the problem to the front left hand facing speaker at levels below 50Hz.

No meaningful response from Roku at the moment.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue for you.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: StreamBar Speakers Sound Scratchy

@mollys11 @Whtmntn 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide is with more information about the issue you are experiencing? When did this issue start occurring? Does it happen on a specific channel? Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About?

I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
mollys11
Binge Watcher

Issue started approx six weeks after purchase and effects all inputs and channels.

Distortion only effect low frequency on front l/h speaker.

YL001E414533

mollys11
Binge Watcher

YL001E414533

10.00 build 4196-95

model 9102EU

10 33-215-690

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mollys11

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team to follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DocBurton
Reel Rookie

Streambar Bass Distortion

As I see here, another user with horrible bass distortion in the Streambar.  Any fixes?

0 Kudos
bkubany
Reel Rookie

Is a replacement Streambar solving this problem for folks? I’ve been experiencing the distortion and static as well. Others have also reported this issue on this thread. https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Streambar-Audio-Problems/m-p/664989/highlight/true#M2609 I have a ticket open with support. Thank you @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
mollys11
Binge Watcher

I have replaced my Streambar and the new one has no issues but has only been installed a few days. The old one lasted six weeks. Watch this space.

0 Kudos