Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Audio sync issues on Roku TV (TCL 55P607)

Same exact issue with TCL 55S515.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
vanylapep
Level 7

I have Roku Ultra and using the optical out, there is a delay with the audio. Any way to fix this?
0 Kudos
tikilive
Level 7

We are having this as well.

Only Roku devices have the problem and a workaround that can be implemented is setting the Roku Device to "Auto-Detect" on Settings > Video Display.

This is a major problem on Roku for Adaptive streams, we cannot recreate it on single bitrates.

Any help or a solution from Roku would be greatly appreciated, this appears to be a fundamental issue in their playback of Adaptive Streams.
0 Kudos
john262
Level 7

I am having sync problems with my Roku Premier+ as well. This is a very common problem with streaming, and I also have sync issues with my Nvidia Shield. I have the problem whether I use my TV's built in speakers or my Onkyo amp. And the kicker is sometimes I have similar issues with some OTA channels. Back to my Roku, I have audio sync issues with CBSN, one of my favorite streaming channels. But I don't have any issues with Netflix. I also have sync issues with some of the ad-supported movie apps.
0 Kudos
Fweezal
Level 7

Well, it's pretty obvious there's a lot of people having this problem.  "Me too" is going to do nothing to alleviate the issue.  It seems Roku doesn't care or is oblivious to this issue... as is so common with corporations these days.  "We have your money, now go suck wind.", seems the prevailing attitude.  I would LOVE to be proven wrong.
0 Kudos
Legierk
Level 8

Me too? Lol. I experience EVERYTHING mentioned above. TCL 65S401>ARC>Denon 4311 using Emby mostly. Any DTS is unwatchable. Must switch TV to PCM then sync is fine.

I think this issue is related....

Pandora app.....if TV is on anything except PCM, sound will not play in stereo when receiver is in stereo. Put tv in DD+, DTS audio output, play any music on Pandora, and switch the AVR to stereo or Direct mode. It sounds as if you just unplug the center speaker. Again if I want to listen to music through any app on the tv in stereo, I must first switch the tv to output PCM. Very aggravating.

EDIT: I just fixed the stereo issue by changing from DD+,DTS to DD,DTS. In other words, NO PLUS. Now at least I can listen to music in stereo without jumping through hoops. Sorry I realize this is OT from the OP.
0 Kudos
scubastew
Level 7

Me too! Been having the issue since I bought the TV about 9 months ago. It usually only affected Plex, but it seems like with whatever new updates have come out that it now affects Netflix. I have to power cycle the TV for it to go away on Netflix, at least with Roku I just stop/start the movie. 
0 Kudos
rleary
Level 7

TV: TCL 55P605
Soundbar: Vizio SB4551-D5.

I was having the same audio sync issue. When I read through the entire thread, there was a suggestion to turn off Auto-Detect and select a specific audio setting.
When I specifically set Settings > Audio > S/PDIF and ARC to (Dolby D+, DTS), the issue became significantly less noticeable.
The fix needed appears to be in how Auto-Detect works, and internally detecting at TV startup, so the audio isn't getting delayed because of internal networking and checks.
0 Kudos
darrellr
Level 7

Just another data point:
TCL 65s405, Vizio SB3621n-F8m

Audio sync issues that were unpredictable.  Got it close with stereo only, but next day all was out of whack again.  Just returned the sound bar and listening to TV speakers now.  I could not get desirable results in any predictable fashion.
0 Kudos
ibuddy66
Level 7

I am having the same issue here. Plus I use a Bose Cinemate through optical audio hookup. Since updating my TCL Roku TV to Roku TV 5101X
Model 32S4610R
Serial 2N003Y264540
Software 8.1.0 build 4140-08
Device ID 2N6493264540

The function in the options menu that would allow you to change the audio mode from normal to movie or speech etc. No longer works unless you enable TV speakers. However my Bose specifically does not work right if they are enabled and it causes severe issues with audio sync then. It needs to be reverted to how it was in 7.7 with the audio mode options again. It is like an echo chamber too on normal now regardless of what other audio settings I chose as far as the Dolby settings go.
0 Kudos