Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Audio playback not working on TCL Roku tv apps, but remote sounds work

The playback on my TCL Roku tv has been fine until today. None of the apps have any audio playback despite updating them, removing/redownloading, and changing audio settings. The sound effects from the remote are normal but sound on Netflix/Hulu/HBO aren’t working. Anyone have any tips before I throw this POS out the window? 

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Audio playback not working on TCL Roku tv apps, but remote sounds work

I am having this same problem. I am using a TCL 5+ sound bar as well and I wasn’t sure which device to attribute the issue to. The sound bar works fine when connecting my phone to it with Bluetooth so I believe it must be the TV. Only solution I have found was to unplug everything for a long time and plug it back in. Extremely frustrating. 

Highlighted
Level 7

We had the same problem which started abruptly yesterday. We've tried everything, switching the audio (leveling, night), going into audio setting, etc. We unplugged all the HDMI and cables, and that still did nothing. It's so odd because the remote clicking sound obviously works so the tv audio must work, but is somehow not connecting to the apps/tv channels. This hasn't worked on any, as stated above: Prime, Hulu, Roku, Netflix, etc. 

I am hoping this is some update glitch on Roku's part, since it seems this problem began for everyone within the last couple of days. #audio 

Highlighted
Level 7

@mbriggs711 @emwilliams 

Okay, we found the solution. You will need restart the system in setting. Here is a video: https://youtu.be/R-pXQCskLVI

(on ours it was under: Settings/Power/System/Restart)

Highlighted
Level 8

Resetting or restarting system did not work for me. Even a complete reset from scratch did not work. What did was work is plug in headphones in the headphone jack for 5s and take it out. After all day troubleshooting this worked. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same problem, a full factory reset fixed the problem until I turned the TV off again, now I'm only able to hear the remote sound effects.  This is also affecting anything connected via HDMI cable as well as the internal apps. 

Also affects sound when played through the headphone jack.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Is a Roku person not going to help us? I've tried everything recommended to no avail.  I even tried accessibility features, successfully enabling the robot girl voice. She reads the menu and station info aloud just fine. Definitely a disconnect of some sort between Roku TV and the apps.   My Roku stick and Samsung tv are getting along just fine.  Like everyone, suddenly happened last week.

0 Kudos