Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slimmy0

Audio continuously losing sync on Roku Streaming Stick and Stick+

I have two roku sticks at either end of my apartment-one right next to my router and the other in the back supported by an Comcast xFi pod. For the past year to year and a half I have been dealing with the audio either losing sync with the tvs such that it is delayed relative to the video or the audio will start popping and losing volume altogether. It happens mostly with the xfinity stream app, but I’ve noticed it in Hulu, Netflix, and others.

I have updated software several times and had Comcast out to re-run a line to my place to fix internet speeds. The issue goes away if I exit out of the show (without exiting out of the app) and then starting it again. This issue has really only popped up in the past year, but it is consistent and happens multiple times a day.

I’ve lurked in this sub for a while and searched online and haven’t seen anyone with a similar issue. I’m wondering if I should just get an Ultra and run a wired connection, but I’d rather not if I don’t have to.

Has anyone dealt with something like this?

Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Audio continuously losing sync on Roku Streaming Stick and Stick+

Hi @slimmy0,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue that you've been having with the audio that is out of sync with playing content on multiple channels. 

Just to verify, are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV/Roku player setup? When did this issue first start occurring?

In Settings > Audio > Audio mode, what setting do you have selected? Does the same issue occur if you change the setting to Stereo or Auto?

Have you tried removing the channel that you are experiencing the issue with from the Roku home screen? Then, disconnect your device from power for a minute. Plug it back in, then try to add the channel back once more and see if this clears up the issue.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenH
Reel Rookie

I have been experiencing exactly the same issues as you with my new Hisense U8H TV and my Roku devices. I have tried both a Roku Ultra and a Roku 4K+ stick and have the same problems. It is only with Xfinity Stream app, which is what I use 99% of the time. I do not have a soundbar. Have tried everything listed everywhere, and, as you, just backing out of the program and going back into it fixes the issue temporarily. This audio synch or volume issue happens multiple times per hour and is very annoying. I have used the same devices on a Panasonic plasma screen TV and have not had the same audio issues. I am ready to chuck the Roku streamers!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @StevenH,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having an issue with the sound that is out of sync with playing content on the Xfinity Stream channel. 

Please be advised that we are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue and We look forward to your responses for gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jpjescich
Reel Rookie

I’ve been having issues since mid May 2023. I have version 12.0. Only with xfinity ap/streaming. Lip syncing is off-go back to channel guide and reload channel fine again for an hour or so. 

roku has admitted it’s their issue. Had xfinity out twice. Put new cable line in no help. 

Have you heard when roku is fixing? 

0 Kudos
dadilus
Reel Rookie

I’ve been experiencing loss of sound on my Roku streaming stick that’s hooked up to a sound bar and my other streaming box is running through TV sound. Sound reduces to super low volume. On both Rokus I have to go back to home and restart the app I’m using. I tried restarting the Roku on both and it still happens. The Streaming stick and Streaming media player are affected.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jpjescich @dadilus 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Xfinity app. I'd love to help you with that. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue, but we need more details.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue, and we look forward to your responses as we gather your details.
Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jpjescich
Reel Rookie

Were you able to find the screenshot of the information you needed. Never heard back. No surprise there been waiting for 3+ weeks for you to fix my audio sync since last 12.0 update. 

what’s the status on a fix? Or you gonna keep telling us “soon”. 

0 Kudos
dadilus
Reel Rookie

Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+ Serial number: YH00C8870169 (21309C870169) Software version: 12.0.0 • build 4184-50 GC version: 9.3.516 Timestamp: 2023-06-17T02:01:18Z Please use issue ID 69-240-601 to report the current issue.

This was on Max app latest build.

0 Kudos
Jpjescich
Reel Rookie

What is max ap latest build mean? Is that being downloaded on my Roku stick? When? Be more specific please. My latest version 12.0. 

0 Kudos