Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio and video in sync, but delayed when SPDIF is plugged in

I have an issue with my tcl roku tv when I plug in the SPDIF optical cable to send sound to my soundbar. When optical is unplugged and tv speakers are on, everything works fine. When I plug in the optical cable, there is a half second delay between the tv speakers and soundbar. When I turn off the tv speakers, the video and audio from the soundbar sync up fine as far as I can tell, BUT they are a half-second delayed from the HDMI input source. So, watching content seems to work fine, but the delay is painfully obvious when trying to play a game. The issue goes away if I unplug the optical out and turn the tv speakers back on. The video delay occurs even if the soundbar is powered off.

The product is TCL 50S425 50 Inch 4K Smart LED Roku TV (2019)

1 REPLY 1
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: Audio and video in sync, but delayed when SPDIF is plugged in

I'm sorry you're having this experience. At the top of the forum page, there is a search box (that's not meant to sound snarky). Pull down to search "this board" and search for "delay" or "sync." Sort by date. There's a lot of this in a lot of different contexts, and Roku has been completely unengaged on the topic. Every time someone posts about this, it's like "oh, this is the first time we've heard of this. Can you please provide..." There's no formal bug tracking. No followup with what to expect. People are just left to die on the vine.

Brace yourself.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos