Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Audio Popping Sound on TCL Roku Tv

Jump to solution

Hi @Freddy90,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

We recommend trying to enable Automatic Volume Leveling from the settings menu and see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing. Start here for step-by-step instructions:

1. Press Home home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Audio
  4. Select Volume modes and choose the desired setting

• Off: Volume modes are inactive and content volume is unmodified.
    • Leveling: Enables consistent volume across different types of entertainment so you do not have to change the volume every time you switch channels or a commercial comes on.
    • Night: The volume of soft sounds like whispering is increased while the volume of loud sounds like explosions is decreased, making it easier to hear your show at night without disturbing others.

For more information, this support article may help: How do I use volume modes on my Roku® streaming device 

If the issue still persists, get in touch with the manufacturer of your Roku TV. for more help and to see what options or suggestions they can provide, you'll need to get in touch with the manufacturer of your Roku TV. You can locate their support contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...  

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Aus444

Jump to solution

I have an ONN tv and Turning off "leveling" stopped the crackling noise. thanks!

0 Kudos
MikeHouse
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I fixed this issue a long time ago but that is also how I fixed mine. Thanks for the input though

0 Kudos