Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wberry68
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio Popping Sound on TCL Roku Tv

Jump to solution

Did you try the reset button on the back of the TV? My 49S405 has popping sound and soft reset didn’t work but the button on the back fixed it. 

Mudd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

FIXED! My TCL 55 inch Roku had the same crackling sound when switching channels and often when commercials switched. Mine stopped making the noise when I turned 'Off' the 'Volume mode'. It was set on 'Leveling'. Now that it's set to Off, the crackling is gone. If I turn Leveling back on, then the crackling is back. For me, that's fine. Good luck!

Paperstax
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Where is this setting?  I can't find it on my 43S525. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Paperstax wrote:

Where is this setting?  I can't find it on my 43S525. 

It's only visible when something is playing. Press the * button and and look for the audio settings. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Paperstax
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hmm... I've tried 3 different 'channels' as well as the Cable Tuner and the only options that I have under 'Sound Settings' is 'Sound Mode' (Normal, Theatre, Big Bass, etc.) and 'Dialog Enhancer'.  What version of firmware do you have?  I am running Version 9.2.0 Build 4502, which the updater says is the latest version.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Paperstax wrote:

Hmm... I've tried 3 different 'channels' as well as the Cable Tuner and the only options that I have under 'Sound Settings' is 'Sound Mode' (Normal, Theatre, Big Bass, etc.) and 'Dialog Enhancer'.  What version of firmware do you have?  I am running Version 9.2.0 Build 4502, which the updater says is the latest version.

Different models of TVs appear to have different options in this menu. In my Sharp Roku TV, under Sound Settings, there's one labeled DTS TruSurround, TruVolume and another labeled Dialog Clarity. These are different versions of audio modification. I too don't have volume leveling, but the TruVolume does the same thing. So in my case, if I was having issues (which I don't, it really seems more of a TCL issue) I would turn TruSurround off, which disables all three settings. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Paperstax
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for responding, I'll probably just take the TV back tomorrow and try a replacement to see if it goes away.

0 Kudos
Mudd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I pressed the * key while watching a show hooked up to HDMI1 thru cable. It's the 6th option on the screen titled Volume Mode (I'd attach a picture, but not seeing how to). My software build is 9.2.0. It's a 50 inch TCL Roku purchased in November. 

0 Kudos
Mudd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

IMG_20191227_210020800.jpg

Menu showing options attached.

0 Kudos
wberry68
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mudd, since you can reproduce it when turning the Volume to Level, can you try to reset the TV via the small button on the back near the HDMI input. You may have to use a pin to press it. 

0 Kudos