Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greenlemon
Reel Rookie

Audio Popping Sound on TCL Roku Tv

Jump to solution

A few days ago I bought a TCL 55S425 Roku tv, upgrading from my TCL 49S405 Roku tv. Ever since setting up my new 55 inch, the speaker it is connected to randomly will emit a loud popping/crack noise. It happens for a brief second, and it will repeat probably every 20-40 minutes. I have my 55inch connected to a Woburn speaker using a aux cord using the headphone output. My 49inch TCL was setup the exact same way to my speaker, and never once did I experience the pop/cracking noise that I do now. I made sure that my 55inch is updated fully, so that doesn't seem to be the issue. I also turned the audio to stereo instead of auto-detect. This is very frustating, my older tv had no issues with the setup.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adandrews

Re: Audio Popping Sound on TCL Roku Tv

Jump to solution

Fixed! Have had my tv 1 year and just today it started crackling. I turned leveling "off", as suggested and the crackling is gone! It must have always been on this setting so it is odd that the crackling just started but I'm relieved for the fix!

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

First question: have you tried a different cable between the TV and the speaker? Wires can fail. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Greenlemon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
I can try but like I said, I changed my setup with the new tv 2 days ago, I highly doubt the wire broke during that time when it wasn’t moved.
0 Kudos
Capthat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a 55r615 with 5.1 setup and recently mine has randomly popped. Buying a new cord as well but don’t think it’s the cord. Wondering if maybe an update would cause this

0 Kudos
kbarry18
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having a similar issue on my 55S425 which I purchased yesterday.  Whenever coming out of a fast forward situation while watching, DVR, Netflix, etc.  There is a brief "electric" popping sound.  I am using the internal speakers and I have done a full factory reset.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach TCL here: https://support.tclusa.com/contact-us? or 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CJ_Gustafson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I understand the Roku guy wants us to get off his lawn, 🙂 but has anyone had success with TCL on this?

0 Kudos
Capthat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So mine unfortunately was my receiver. Think something was shorting it’s because it would go into safe mode. Once I replaced it, all was good. Now on my sling tv though there’s a slight delay and no settings fix it 

0 Kudos
Jackie93

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Were u able to fix it?

0 Kudos
kbarry18
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I ended up returning my tv because I could not solve the problem.

0 Kudos