Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgtstadanko
Binge Watcher

Audio Cutting Out with Roku TV using Roku Soundbar with Roku Wireless and Roku Subwoofer over eARC.

Jump to solution

Hi. 

Just upgraded to TCL Roku TV Series 5.  I am experiencing random audio cutting out for about second. This happens when viewing apps/streaming from the tv native roku interface and external sources such as Xbox and Nvidia Shield TV.  My TV is setup with a Roku Soundbar (used as front speaker)  that is paired with the Roku Wireless Speakers (used as rear surround) an Roku Wireless Subwoofer. The Roku Soundbar is setup over HDMI eARC with the rest of the devices connected to it.  I am able to see all devices in the main TCL Roku TV interface as it polls them in over eARC.  I have tried setting audio output from Auto to eArc. No change.  I have tried restarting all the connected sound devices and the TV, both through the TV interface and by pulling the power on all them. This happens on all apps (Netflix, Hulu, Plex, etc). 

Oddly, if I switch the input on the TV to use the Roku interface on the Roku soundbar it works fine. No audio cutouts all. Since this works fine i dont think its the HDMI cable.  When i set the TV to just use the built in TV speakers it also works fine. Prior to this I had it all setup with a different TCL Roku TV - Series 4. Just replaced it because it died. No issues there either before it died.

Roku TV - TCL Series 5
Roku TV - A119X
TCL Model - 55S535
SW version - 11.0.2 - build 4138-88
Serial - X00300PPFJ80

Roku Soundbar
Model - 9101X
SW Version - 11.0.0 build 4193-95
Serial - YL002G507092

Roku Wireless Speakers
Model - 9030X
SW Version - 11.0.0.4193
Serial - YE00DR989935, YE00GY316401

Roku Subwoofer
Model - 9210X
SW Version - 11.0.0.4193
Serial - Y200CR320090

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sgtstadanko
Binge Watcher

Re: Audio Cutting Out with Roku TV using Roku Soundbar with Roku Wireless and Roku Subwoofer over eA

Jump to solution

Ok. So it was the cable. Duh. I inspected it again today and noticed the end going into the sound bar the metal bit was pulled down and wiggling inside the cable plastic housing. Tried new cable and works fine. Lucky the tension didn't break the HDMI port on the sound bar.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sgtstadanko
Binge Watcher

Re: Audio Cutting Out with Roku TV using Roku Soundbar with Roku Wireless and Roku Subwoofer over eA

Jump to solution

Ok. So it was the cable. Duh. I inspected it again today and noticed the end going into the sound bar the metal bit was pulled down and wiggling inside the cable plastic housing. Tried new cable and works fine. Lucky the tension didn't break the HDMI port on the sound bar.