Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How can I Stream longer than 4 hours

Jump to solution

@KMiler @oldfarty 

Thanks for the inquiry.

To disable the bandwidth saver, from the Home screen go to Settings > Network > Bandwidth saver, choose off.

For more information about the Bandwith Saver, visit our Support page here: How do I use Bandwidth Saver to avoid going over my internet data cap?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SentrixxFl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@KMiler wrote:

@RokuTannerDThis is a big problem for me. I work 10-hour days and like to leave YouTube on continuous play for my parrots when I am at work. Now they only get 4 hours of entertainment, as they are obviously unable to work the remote, and are bored in their cages for the next 6-7 hours. I bought a Roku device specifically for their room, and now it is not very useful! How can I deactivate the stream pause feature?

You can disable it on YouTube. Only on roku bandwidth saver which only works on roku. YouTube pisses me off too because I like to listen to soothing sounds while I sleep and again, after 4 hours it stops. Didn't use to until recently for me. 

File a complaint with YouTube like many have done. 

0 Kudos
KMiler
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Wonderful, thank you!

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

https://channelstore.roku.com/search/somafm 

This Channel Somafm has several Channels you'd probably like.

Ive been listening to Somafm for many years everywhere I am.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
RachRene
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have turned the bandwith saver off and my tv is on the home screen when I return  from work. I like to have it on for my pups during the da . I have a TCL w/Roku smart tv. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RachRene wrote:

I have turned the bandwith saver off and my tv is on the home screen when I return  from work. I like to have it on for my pups during the da . I have a TCL w/Roku smart tv. Any suggestions?

My guess is it's a function of the channel you were watching. Probably not the Roku OS itself stopping playback. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Meodee
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Your Guess is correct! Some stream longer than others!

0 Kudos
SentrixxFl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What service are you trying to stream from? 

@RachRene wrote:

0 Kudos
RachRene
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Xfinity stream, Netflix, hulu, food network. I have tried them all. 

0 Kudos
KMiler
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

There is a download called YoutubeNonStop-master that I heard about in the Roku forum and installed in Chrome to allow for continuous play of YouTube. I installed it and figured I'd just steam YouTube from my compuer through Chromecast to the TV. But now there is no access to online instructions on how to cast from a computer, only tablets and phones. So frustrating! I keep meaning to look and see if the app can be installed on a tablet, but haven't had time to try that yet.

0 Kudos