Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apodtele
Level 7

Re: Anyone else have terrible audio lag on their Roku TV when using a sound bar? (TCL 55S401)

Have you tried downshifting ARC protocol? Deselect Autodetect and use something less than Dolby D+ in Settings > Audio > HDMI ARC and S/PDIF. Dolby D (without plus) might work better.
0 Kudos
malrats
Level 8

Re: Anyone else have terrible audio lag on their Roku TV when using a sound bar? (TCL 55S401)

"apodtele" wrote:
Have you tried downshifting ARC protocol? Deselect Autodetect and use something less than Dolby D+ in Settings > Audio > HDMI ARC and S/PDIF. Dolby D (without plus) might work better.

I don't even use ARC. I use Optical.
But I've tried both, and I've tried all of the Audio settings with each, all the way down to PCM. Same lag with each.
TCL 55S401 Roku TV (Unsolved audio/video lag issues!)
0 Kudos
malrats
Level 8

I've also realized that ALL external audio sources have this lag when connected to the Roku TV. No matter the format. No matter the device. Speakers, sound bar, MixAmp Pro and headset, etc. All the exact same lag.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

"malrats" wrote:
I've also realized that ALL external audio sources have this lag when connected to the Roku TV. No matter the format. No matter the device. Speakers, sound bar, MixAmp Pro and headset, etc. All the exact same lag.

I'd say it's a defect either in the software or the hardware, as I said earlier. Is it under warranty? Or can you see if support can upgrade your firmware?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
malrats
Level 8

"jeffrok" wrote:
"malrats" wrote:

I'd say it's a defect either in the software or the hardware, as I said earlier. Is it under warranty? Or can you see if support can upgrade your firmware?

I’m out of the 1 year warranty by about a month. And the firmware is fully up to date.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

There could be newer firmware, that's not been pushed to you yet.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
0 Kudos
malrats
Level 8

"jeffrok" wrote:
There could be newer firmware, that's not been pushed to you yet.

I know that there’s a new version coming out next year and there’s no mention of a fix for audio delay.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

You never know.. even though there's no mention of the fix, it's worth a shot. Otherwise, if you haven't tried a factory reset, I'd just buy another tv on Black Friday, if you've reached out to Roku and they can't help (I know their phone support is bad). I'm not sure what else to suggest.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
0 Kudos
malrats
Level 8

"jeffrok" wrote:
You never know.. even though there's no mention of the fix, it's worth a shot. Otherwise, if you haven't tried a factory reset, I'd just buy another tv on Black Friday, if you've reached out to Roku and they can't help (I know their phone support is bad). I'm not sure what else to suggest.

I wish I had the kind of money to just buy a new TV one year later. I don’t, sadly. I’m just going to have to live with this driving me crazy until/if there’s ever a fix.
0 Kudos
mpc755
Level 7

Restarting roku corrected the lag for me (bose soundbar)
0 Kudos