Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiloS
Level 7

Any way to manually tune to a specific OTA frequency?

The antenna app can auto-scan for OTA channels, but I want to create a custom channel, tuned to a specific frequency, as is possible on samsung tvs (https://www.samsung.com/au/support/tv-audio-video/manually-tune-samsung-tv/).

Is there a way to do that on a Roku tv?

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Any way to manually tune to a specific OTA frequency?

Unfortunately, no. Roku TV does not offer any way to manually add an OTA channel, nor to directly tune to an OTA channel. One exception might be using the Roku app on a phone or tablet. It does have a keyboard function, that has numbers as well as letters. What I don't know if it works to select a channel, as I've never used it for that. But that's the only possible exception. Roku doesn't offer a remote with a number pad, nor an onscreen virtual number pad. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

Re: Any way to manually tune to a specific OTA frequency?

Really dumb of them to do it this way. Had to scan 20 times to get a local station for football. Waste of an hour.

0 Kudos