Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JpopGt

Antenna options secret menu?

Hi, I just bought a hisense roku TV, it's my first experience with a roku setup. 

I've got everything setup fine apart from my live TV that doesn't detect any channels. The connection and the cable work fine as it was already connected to a TV before I plugged it into the Hisense roku TV. 

I have another stand alone hisense tv that did not detect any antenna channels either bit I was able to go into the hisense tv options and change the antenna settings then I got my channels. 

On this roku TV I don't see any other antenna options apart from scan for channels?

I read there is a secret antenna menu but the code I used doesn't work, all the other secret codes work apart from secret antenna menu. 

Don't know if I'm missing something here, can't figure it out 🤷‍♂️ 

Any help greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Re: Antenna options secret menu?

If you just bought a Hisense Roku TV then your best place to start for support is Hisense. If you using an antenna to get local channels then follow this.

https://support.roku.com/article/115005469427

JpopGt

I'll check that out. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

@JpopGt  Did you verify what channels were available to you over the air? Are you using an indoor or outdoor antenna?

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@JpopGt 

On your other TV, you probably have an option to scan for either antenna(OTA digital and analog) or cable channels.  

On the Roku TV, I believe it will just scan for whatever it plugged into the live tv input. (that input on the back of the tv for coaxial connectors/screw on).  If you attach a HDTV antenna, then will scan for OTA digital channels.  If you connect your cable company coaxial to this input, then should scan for the channels available to you through the cable package (including the OTA channels if included).

If you are connecting your cable box (rather than the cable coaxial) via HDMI, then you will most likely have to setup a HDMI input to recognize your cable box in order to see your cable channels. (Settings/TV Inputs)

To Scan for Channels when using the coaxial connection... (Settings/TV Inputs/LiveTV/Scan for Antenna Channels)

---

Feel free to post back if you need more help or if I am misundertanding what you are trying to accomplish or your setup.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

JpopGt

Hi, I'm using an outdoor antenna, it's new terraced house I've moved into and the antenna feeds the 4 houses. At the side of me. When I do a scan I get a message that it can't find any channels. I had to change a setting on my other stand alone hisense TV to pick them up, cant remember what it was again. I thought this option would be in this secret menu that i can't access

0 Kudos
JpopGt

I'm at work just now, I'll have a look again when I get home. 

Cheers for the help. 

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

@JpopGt  So one antenna for 4 houses? Have you tried using your own antenna? You can also use a paper clip into the antenna port. I did this on an older tv to see if it could pick anything. Ended up picking up like 20 channels