Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peachie2020
Level 7

Antenna Tv

Jump to solution

I just bought an Indoor HDTV Antenna for my Roku Tv..But somehow the Antenna TV is gone in my Roku and I want to know how do I get it back so I could use the Indoor HDTV Antenna that I got for the Roku..If anybody could please help me with that..I would really appreciate it

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Antenna Tv

Jump to solution

@Peachie2020 

Thanks for the inquiry.

When you turn on your Roku TV, go to Home and select Live TV. If Live TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input.

For more information about how to set up your antenna to your Roku TV, visit our Support page here: How do I set up the Live TV input on my Roku TV™?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

I'm unable to look right now, but I believe it's somewhere in the settings to display the Antenna icon.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Peachie2020 

Thanks for the inquiry.

When you turn on your Roku TV, go to Home and select Live TV. If Live TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input.

For more information about how to set up your antenna to your Roku TV, visit our Support page here: How do I set up the Live TV input on my Roku TV™?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RoyD
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny, 

Did you even read my post?

I did exactly what the  How do I set up the Live TV input on my Roku said to do, but the menu items under settings ARE NOT THERE. There is no TV INPUT item in settings. There is no LIVE TV in the menu. Without those items, I cannot set up Live TV from the ROKU. I did a manual update on the ROKU and the items are STILL NOT THERE.

RoyD

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Level 12

Jump to solution

@RoyD wrote:

I did exactly what the  How do I set up the Live TV input on my Roku said to do, but the menu items under settings ARE NOT THERE.

After my initial setup/activation (after unboxing the tv), I have a "Live TV" tile at the "home" screen. That's where "antenna tv" is. I can select that tile and press "*" on the remote to get some access to things like scanning for channels.

I can also go to home>settings>tv-inputs, and select the "Live TV" there, and do scan channels there. I don't have the option Danny referred to (to setup the input). I have an option to remove it. I suppose doing that would cause an option to appear to setup the input. But, I'm afraid to try that because the latest update wasn't thought out very well. I might end up without the option (if that's what happened to you?).

I just wanted to clarify that you're not seeing a Live TV tile at the home screen? And, not seeing a Live TV option in settings>tv-inputs? (Or, you see that option, but no option to setup Live TV?). I'm just trying to understand more clearly what you see.

If you don't even see Live TV in the settings>tv-inputs, you may need to do settings>system>advanced to do a factory reset, and start over. (There is a settings>system>power>restart which would reboot your tv. That might do something if you have the fast-start option enabled in the power menu. That fast-start option is known to cause problems because things don't refresh themselves in memory that way. The restart will cause it to flush everything out and start fresh. If that didn't fix it, then I think factory reset is what you have to do. There's also a reset button the back of the tv. I'm not clear if that does anything that the menu factory-reset doesn't. I'd probably try the menu one first.).

@RoyD wrote:

Danny, 

Did you even read my post?

For what it's worth, I didn't see a prior post by you in this thread. My reply might be missing info you think you've already provided(?).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@RoyD 

Thanks for the post.

As @Visitor45763 mentioned, you have no previous post that you are referencing. Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos