Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pedro123
Streaming Star

Antenna Signal After April 8th Update

There was a software update April 8th. After the update my Antenna signal strength meter only shows one bar no matter the signal strength.

Anyone else having this problem?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Antenna Signal After April 8th Update

Hi @Pedro123,

Thanks for the post. I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Sensiblecinema
Reel Rookie

It’s not just you. 9.4.0 broke the signal strength where it only showed on the first channel tuned from the home page, 10.0 broke it altogether like you’ve said. I’ve been going through a support case sending them videos, photos, etc. they act like they”ve never heard of such a thing. I did a full factory reset of all and it’s still the same.

0 Kudos
Pedro123
Streaming Star

Sensiblecinema, mine is still not fixed!

I think the reason we're not seeing more complaints on this is most people use cable. I know Roku/TCL did not think I had a real problem in the beginning, even trying to say the TV was out of warranty. I had to fight to get further action.

TCL finally agreed to send a service person who installed a new main circuit board. But the problem persisted.

I finally got a call from a TCL engineer in California who said he duplicated the problem on his TV and that it would be fixed with the next software update. In April I got the update but it did not solve the problem.

I resurrected the original case # and got another call from a different engineer who said the replaced board was not synced with my model # (incompetent service guy) and that they would send another service guy to sync the board. They sent the SAME service guy who still had no clue about how to sync the board and said he was there to install yet another board. I refused and sent him on his way.

I then phoned the last engineer who had given me his phone number and he agreed to work with me to sync the board. We did this but it did not fix the problem. At this point I'm waiting for a call back from him as he is consulting with other engineers.

If it helps my case # is US04202109478 TCL should be aware that this is a widespread problem.

0 Kudos