Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamuna
Level 7

Antenna + Roku Live TV guide integration

I've got a strange problem here.

I have two identical TCL Roku TVs. Both of them have the same software version and are running the same version of the Roku app.

One of them has the live TV / antenna guide integrated with the live channels from Roku, but the other doesn't. The option to include / exclude the Roku channels doesn't even show up on the TV that isn't playing nice.

I have tried removing the live TV / antenna app, re-adding it and then scanning for my antenna channels and no luck after that.

What gives? Is this feature being rolled out to only certain devices???

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor45763
Level 10

Re: Antenna + Roku Live TV guide integration

Roku's going to ask you to post your tvs' model #s, Roku model #s, serial numbers, software version number. (Then it will be passed along and you'll never hear anything again.).

At this point, it's hard to say what is happening. There are people with the same problem, but it's slightly different.It's like the Roku interface is extremely hardware dependent. Your one tv might have a different chipset on one of its boards, and Roku's software will exhibit a bizarre problem that other people with the same tv aren't experiencing (because they got a batch with a different chipset. Like the old days when IBM clone PCs were very unstable due to the anarchy of cheap hardware.). I think it's something like that. It's clear they aren't testing the updates. Perhaps there's a reason they aren't: the variety of hardware is too large, and they realistically can't. Which makes the updates like a lottery system. That might be tolerable if we could go back to a prior version that worked well for us (I'd go back to last May or so, before the closed-caption problem started. We're still waiting for that -- while more stuff breaks).

If it were me, I would:

1. Go to home>settings>system>advanced and do a network restart.

2. If that didn't work: go to system>power and do a "restart" in that menu. However, if that menu's "fast-start" option is enabled, I would disable it. Then do the restart. (That option seems to cause problems. Corruptions get stuck in memory & never cleared out the way you think it should if you power off the tv.).

3. If that didn't work: go back to the advanced menu and do a factory reset. During the reset, tell it you don't have network access. It should load a software version the tv came with. After setup completes, configure your home>settings>network. Then see if the guide works correctly. Then wait for the automatic update to see if it breaks again. Or, go to system>system update to tell it to check for updates now (if you don't want to wait).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos