Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
She7
Reel Rookie

An odd occurrence with sound

I have a TCL Roku Model No. 50S431 TV 2020 that I bought at the end of April of this year. It has recently started lowering the volume when I pause a recorded show. I’ve tried doing a factory reset several times. I have tried putting in a headphone in the headphone jack (as was suggested on the forum) but nothing has worked. I have tried adjusting all of the settings I could think of. It only happens on this TV all the other TV’s work fine. I am using Direct TV as my provider. Can you give me some suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: An odd occurrence with sound

@She7-

Have you tried using the Roku app on a phone or tablet to control the Roku?  If it does the same via the app, that would indicate the problem is in the Roku itself.  If not, it would indicate the problem is in the remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
She7
Reel Rookie

Thank you for responding. I tried the app but it didn’t make any difference.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

i would suggest trying TCL support ( https://support.tclusa.com/televisions ), but this is one of those things that could become finger pointing between TCL and Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
She7
Reel Rookie

Thank you. I will try the link & see what they say.

0 Kudos