Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon on Roku TCL TV - Images Not Loading

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku TV - TCL 48FS3700.  A few months ago, images stopped loading in the app.  I have reinstalled the app coupled with rebooting the TV several times, but the images still won't load.  I can access and play movies fine, it's just the entire app is blank and I have to just read the titles of what I am browsing, then click the movie to play.

Anyone have any ideas, or having a similar problem?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Amazon on Roku TCL TV - Images Not Loading

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here.

Are you seeing this issue in any other channel on your Roku device?

You'll want to contact Amazon Prime support to report this issue in their channel and request that they investigate further. Most channels are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist when you encounter issues occurring specifically within their channel (app). 

We can recommend trying the following steps: 

1. Remove the Prime Video channel from the Roku home screen. 

2. Restart your device or TV from the Settings>System>System restart (or Settings>System>Power>System restart) menu.

3. Once the device has been restarted, visit Streaming channels from the Home screen, and add the Prime Video channel back once more. 

If that isn't clearing up the issue you are seeing, following up with the channel provider would be the next step toward helping get this issue resolved. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help! 

Thanks,

Tanner 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
GeeMama

Jump to solution

We have had this issue as well, and still haven't figured out how to fix it. It's fine with movies that are included with Prime, but not with ones you have to purchase, because we cannot see icons when we enter the PIN#, so we keep entering it WRONG and then it makes you change it. 

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here.

Are you seeing this issue in any other channel on your Roku device?

You'll want to contact Amazon Prime support to report this issue in their channel and request that they investigate further. Most channels are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist when you encounter issues occurring specifically within their channel (app). 

We can recommend trying the following steps: 

1. Remove the Prime Video channel from the Roku home screen. 

2. Restart your device or TV from the Settings>System>System restart (or Settings>System>Power>System restart) menu.

3. Once the device has been restarted, visit Streaming channels from the Home screen, and add the Prime Video channel back once more. 

If that isn't clearing up the issue you are seeing, following up with the channel provider would be the next step toward helping get this issue resolved. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help! 

Thanks,

Tanner 

Lucy2

Jump to solution

this worked for me!  thanks!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This worked for me just now.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Patra22

Jump to solution

Solved my issue. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Lords

Jump to solution

Omg I was just getting ready to post almost the same issue..the only way I could see the prime app from my app page is , highlight it... (It was a invisible app otherwise) didn't show prime video... I reset tv by unplugging it.. wait 30 secs. Power back up still nothing.. same invisible prime app .. when I click on it it loads prime great.. I see all the movies.. but when I click on one... All it does is keep loading and loading and loading until it errors out.. I tried many times, no go.... I even reset my modem and wifi and tv it all kinds of unplug and plug in reset.... well ty.. after 3 days of ripping my hair out I found this post.. the answer was .. if you want to see the invisible app show it face and work all the way... Go-to settings/restart tv.. this was the only way it worked.. ty . Ty. Ty... Guess the tv clears out all  Memory and buffer Addy's and sets the registers back to 0 like a PC... Lord's. Aka. mark

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you, Tanner!  Yeah!  That worked!

Very frustrated until I found your instructions.  Thank you for your generous help by sharing your knowledge!  

I have been limping along with this annoying issue of no images for a couple months.  I was just about ready to go to buy a new TV!

Really appreciate your support.

Best wishes.

0 Kudos

RE: Amazon Prime Images disappeared

Jump to solution

Thankyou for the info. I went to system tv restart and Amazon Prime images came back ..thanks so much.

Monica McKinney 

Rhcartwright
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I turned my tx Roku tv on and off several times.

I deleted the app and then readied it.

all to no avail,   I did exactly what was stated here, I restarted the device from the settings snd BINGO1

thsn you

0 Kudos