Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Altice remote

We just got a new onn. Roku tv. We have Optimum Altice cable. I want to pair my Altice remote with my tv so we can only use one remote and use the voice commands. I was successful with pairing and got the volume, power and voice command to work but now the arrows and select button do not work. Optimum doesn't seem to know anything about this. I searched for 4 digit codes and found a list. I found that code 4141 worked to shut off the tv. Does anyone know what I can do to get the arrows and select buttons to work?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Altice remote

Those keys on the Cable remote are probably locked to the cable device, it may only allow tv power and volume? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

But this is the cable remote. It worked before with the other tv. I got everything else to work. Once I got the volume and power, then the arrows and select stopped working. There must be a way to program this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Try other tv codes, ones under Admiral. 4141 is listed as a Sharp tv code, Sharp Roku tv's  use a different code set, your Onn might accept codes for both code set used by Roku tv's. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi. I also have Altice and want to use that remote but I can’t even figure out how to do it. When I go to pair it, it’s searching for a signal but I don’t have that kind of remote.

0 Kudos