Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Repairman4
Reel Rookie

All antenna channels are Johnny Carson (345) after watching Johnny.

Jump to solution

All Antenna channels work correctly until I watch the Johnny Carson TV channel (345) on Roku Channel.

Once I watch 345 or 344 (Baywatch), and then go Home, and select Antenna TV, *every* antenna channel is now playing Johnny Carson (345) or Baywatch (344) depending on which one I was last watching.  You only have to watch 344 or 345 for a few seconds and then the Antenna channels are now wiped out..

I have to re-scan all Antenna TV channels to get them back.

This started about 6 weeks ago. (Mid Feb 2022).

I have a Onn Roku TV.

One time, re-scanning for antenna channels didn't fix the problem and I hade to do a factory reset - major pain to get Roku wireless speakers back on line and set up all my subscription channels again.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: All antenna channels are Johnny Carson (345) after watching Johnny.

Jump to solution

Ok please read this.

If you have an HDTV antenna connected to your Roku TV, you can use Live TV Channel Guide to browse both live streaming content and "over-the-air" programs broadcasting in your area. With Live TV Channel Guide, your TV listings are combined into a single channel grid, letting you quickly find your favorite free, live TV.

https://support.roku.com/article/115012658287

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Over the air channels and the Roku channel are entirely different. The Roku channel is streaming. Roku did not make your TV. ONN did. So is your issue with over the air channels or the Roku channel? Are you referring to the Roku channel "live TV"? 

0 Kudos
Repairman4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I thought it was pretty clear that *all* my Antenna TV channels get overwritten with channel 345 after watching the Johnny Carson TV channel under the Roku Icon (Channel list).  

In essence, *all* my (over the air) Antenna TV channels will stream Johnny after viewing Johnny on 345 even for just a few seconds.

I KNOW Roku did not make my Onn TV that came from Walmart.  But is runs the Roku Linux Operating System that is updated from Roku distributions when they become available.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I find it very odd. Antenna channels (Using a physical coaxial cable) is an entirely different input then streaming from the Roku channel. Not even sure how the 2 are even able to connect to each other. Maybe contact ONN. @AvsGunnar can chime in. So you were watching antenna channels. Then you switch to watch the Roku Channel and when you went back to your antenna channels they were different? 

0 Kudos
Repairman4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

OK, after a little more research, what exactly is happening is that after watching 345 (under the Roku channels), and then pressing the Home button, followed by clicking on the Antenna TV icon (thinking that it would tune to the last Antenna TV channel I was watching (13.1 FOX TV here in Tampa), it is actually tuning to 345 on the Roku channel list.

If I scroll down on the Roku channel list until I reach Roku Chanel 115 (the lowest channel before the highest Antenna TV channel 50.something) then scroll down one more, the Antenna TV channels are there.

So the problem is when selecting the Antenna TV icon after going Home, just takes me back to the last Roku channel I was watching rather than the last Antenna TV channel I was watching.

Hope this makes more sense.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Ok please read this.

If you have an HDTV antenna connected to your Roku TV, you can use Live TV Channel Guide to browse both live streaming content and "over-the-air" programs broadcasting in your area. With Live TV Channel Guide, your TV listings are combined into a single channel grid, letting you quickly find your favorite free, live TV.

https://support.roku.com/article/115012658287