Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sg2484

Alexa wont turn on TCL Series 6 Roku TV

I have followed multiple instructions on setting up TCL Series 6 Roku TV to use with Alexa. Ultimately, I ask Alexa to turn the TV on and it says okay, but nothing happens. I have fast start enabled. None of the prior mentions of this issue seem to provide any realistic troubleshooting. 

5 REPLIES 5
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Re: Alexa wont turn on TCL Series 6 Roku TV

This would be a question to ask TCL not Roku. But I also have a TCL Roku TV and an Echo Dot. It works just fine. The problem is you haven’t done the Alexa setup correctly. It’s not a Roku issue. You have to create a routine. Then from within that routine you have to give it an action then tell the action what to do. If you did it correctly it will show under your activity historyExampleExample

0 Kudos
sg2484

This didn't work. I copied the entry verbatim. It didn't do anything. I entered it exactly as the picture above, and it didn't do anything. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@sg2484

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Control your Roku with Amazon Alexa

Please keep us posted what you find out and if you are still experiencing an issue. If so, we can put you in touch with our Support team to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kkrx7
Binge Watcher

I did call TCL about this very same issue.  After spending 2 hours on the phone they said to call Amazon/Alexa that it was their fault and deal with them.  So basically it’s everyone else’s fault and no one can do anything about it.  Priceless. 

0 Kudos
Kkrx7
Binge Watcher

None of the support ideas work.  Yes, now I know you will copy and paste a reply to call TCL because it’s their issue not yours.  They just said the same thing about you.  Gotta love these canned pass the buck, know nothing, do nothing customer support at companies. 

0 Kudos