Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Alexa skill routines with Roku TV

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku 55'' tv on my service drive at work.  I would like to be able to add a routine in the alex app to turn the tv on and off at certain times.  In the Alexa app it says no skills enabled.  is this possible

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Alexa skill routines with Roku TV

Jump to solution

@padendiesel Thanks for the note! Check out our guide for using the Roku skill for Amazon Alexa with your Roku devices here: https://support.roku.com/article/360017961074-how-do-i-use-amazon-alexa-with-my-roku-streaming-devic... 

For help or support creating Alexa routines, etc. you'll want to reach out to Amazon support for more help here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

@padendiesel wrote:

I have a TCL Roku 55'' tv on my service drive at work.  I would like to be able to add a routine in the alex app to turn the tv on and off at certain times.  In the Alexa app it says no skills enabled.  is this possible

Yes. You can set a ROUTINE to turn ON and OFF your TCL Roku TV at certain times. You have to enable the Roku skill in the Alexa app and have it 'discovered' and added to your SMART HOME devices. Once it is discovered you can create a Routine that will turn your TCL Roku TV ON or OFF at desired times and desired days.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Fire TV Stick 4K

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@padendiesel Thanks for the note! Check out our guide for using the Roku skill for Amazon Alexa with your Roku devices here: https://support.roku.com/article/360017961074-how-do-i-use-amazon-alexa-with-my-roku-streaming-devic... 

For help or support creating Alexa routines, etc. you'll want to reach out to Amazon support for more help here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

@padendiesel wrote:

Yes, this is possible. You do have to enable the Roku Alexa Skill in the Alexa app and it should 'discover' your TCL Roku TV and list it in your devices under SMART HOME of the Alexa app.

Once it is listed in your devices you can do the following with an Alexa Routine:

1. Select ROUTINES in Alexa app
  2. Select + in Upper Right to create NEW ROUTINE
  3. Select WHEN THIS HAPPENS -- SCHEDULE -- AT TIME
  4. Set the TIME desired
  5. Select REPEAT and set DESIRED DAYS
  6. Select NEXT
  7. Select ADD ACTION -- SMART HOME -- ALL DEVICES
  8. Select your listed TCL ROKU TV device
  9. Default setting should be to POWER ON
  10. Select SAVE in Upper Right

This should create a Routine to TURN ON your TCL Roku TV at a desired time on the days you set. Do the same to create a separate routine to TURN OFF and make the proper TIME selection for action number 4 and POWER OFF selection for action number 9.

If you desire LIVE TV to be on at power up I would suggest that you set that in SETTINGS -- SYSTEM - POWER -- POWER ON -- ALWAYS POWER ON TO and select which HDMI Input you desire or LIVE TV. This would make for a fully automated routine.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

@padendiesel wrote:

Yes. You can set a ROUTINE to turn ON and OFF your TCL Roku TV at certain times. You have to enable the Roku skill in the Alexa app and have it 'discovered' and added to your SMART HOME devices. Once it is discovered you can create a Routine that will turn your TCL Roku TV ON or OFF at desired times and desired days.

0 Kudos