Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NorseEagle
Reel Rookie

AirPlay Volume Control not Working

Hello,

I have two TCL Roku TVs, both with external (non-Roku) sound bars. On one, when I AirPlay stream music, I can control the volume of the AirPlay stream using my phone. With the other TV, I cannot. 

The sound bars are the same, and I have interchanged them, and the problem persists with the same TV. Thus, not the sound bar at fault here. 

I've worked with Apple support; one of their techs said this is a known issue with Roku TVs. The forums here seem to suggest this: https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/AirPlay-2-Volume-Control-not-working....

Any updates on how one might fix this? Seems like it's a software fault that could be fixed, as it's not an inherent lack of feature. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
NorseEagle
Reel Rookie

Re: AirPlay Volume Control not Working

Anyone else having this issue? Surely there must be something I can reset to regain this functionality, no?

0 Kudos
lxlx

Same for me. Air Play Volume Control is not working with iPhone. I head read in an other forum entry, that it worked before the update. But the roku support ignored the messages. 

0 Kudos
NorseEagle
Reel Rookie

Yeah. Was shocked to see Roku Support actually closed the thread because they were getting such heat for the major oversight and needed to shut down the negative feedback. 

0 Kudos