Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
af721
Reel Rookie

AirPlay Keeps Disconnecting on TCL Series 6 Roku TV

Hi! I have a 2020 TCL Series 6 Roku TV (55") and I'm having trouble with AirPlay. In general, AirPlay will connect, but then abruptly disconnects later. I'm usually able to reconnect a few minutes later (not immediately), but there is no discernible pattern in terms of when this happens. It's not a WiFi issue -- that seems to be working fine. It's very frustrating. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: AirPlay Keeps Disconnecting on TCL Series 6 Roku TV

Have you figured anything out? I have the same issue

0 Kudos
af721
Reel Rookie

Nope. However, I signed into Spotify directly on the TV (which can also be controlled from the iPhone app, just like with using AirPlay). I haven't had any issues since then. So I have a feeling it's an AirPlay problem. I suggest logging into Spotify directly on the TV and trying that approach.

0 Kudos
Santeo

I have the same issue. Im using an iphone 12 and have the latest software updates. Roku tv has a very bad connection overall. Last time im buying a Roku device since they really havent responded about this issue or provided a solution. Airplay just disconnects. Everythingelse, every device, every wifi-enabled device has no issues. Just the TCL...

0 Kudos