Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jastern
Level 7

After setup and update, Roku device shows "Hisense Roku TV" screen indefinitely

I got my new Hisense 4K TV today.  When I turned it on, it took me through the setup. I selected my language, country and logged into our Wifi. Once that happened, it said it needed to update the software. I let it do its thing.  After the update, it just shows the blue "Hisense Roku TV" screen. No matter what I push on the Roku remote it doesn't respond or move past that screen. I have tried hitting the factory reset button several times. It won't even take me through the set up process again after the reset.  I've also tried unplugging and plugging it back in. Do I just need to return it? What can I do?

5 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: After setup and update, Roku device shows "Hisense Roku TV" screen indefinitely

Hold the reset button in for no less than 30 seconds.  If that doesn't change anything, then you can try to load the firmware via the USB port, but don't get your hopes up. 

https://support.roku.com/article/212361468-how-to-update-the-software-on-your-roku-tv-

0 Kudos
Rob213
Level 7

Re: After setup and update, Roku device shows "Hisense Roku TV" screen indefinitely

I also had this issue and the TV is completely bricked after firmware update Smiley Sad 

I tried the link and went through the steps but this message comes when trying to download to flash. 

Its too bad, it was a great TV until we connected it to the internet. 

Is there any where else to download the firmware? Or another workaround for this?

Thanks in advance! 

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Rob213 

Thanks for the post.

If you have already tried the link that @renojim provided previously and are still unable to resolve the issue, we would recommend contacting Hisense support to inquire further. I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tmkerr73
Level 7

Hi!

we just bought the same TV and am having the exact same problem. Did you end up figuring out a solution?

Thanks for any advice,

Tanya

Rob213
Level 7

Hi Danny, 

Thanks so much for your reply. 

I have contacted Hisense already through their customer support and they told me to contact Roku for support on software. 

I will try again and quote this thread and then post my results. 

Thanks,

Rob 

0 Kudos