Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kev33
Binge Watcher

Re: After Update Antenna (OTA) Channel Guide displays "No information available"

Jump to solution

My TCL Roku TV's upgrade to 11.0 didn't cause any program guide problems. The icons on the program guide disappeared and there were just letters, in 5 to 7 days the icons started reappearing.

I have had the TV info guide disappear briefly or list more or less channels than it usually does. I've tried 3 different things, one of them has always worked:

1) go to "manage channels" in the settings menu. You can show or hide the Roku streaming channels, if a favorites list is turned on - the TV will automatically add channels from what you tune to and other channels you don't watch may not show up in your channel guide. I turn off the favorites list and hide the Roku streaming channels so only my antenna channels show up in the guide.

2) Since the guide information comes from the internet connection, check your network connection if the guide doesn't list anything. One time I found no network connection, static electricity or some fluky situation cleared out the connection. Unplugging the TV for a minute and plugging it back in cleared up the interference and my network connection properties showed up again, brought back all the guide information. Please check this before scanning for channels again, you may not need to rescan. 

3) go to the main screen with the startup tiles.  Move from 'Live TV' to one of the other tiles for a few seconds but don't open it. Go back to 'Live TV', wait until the picture displays in the small tile window and you hear sound, then open it to full screen. This has ALWAYS brought my guide info & descriptions back, as well as other picture & sound settings that may have mysteriously stopped working. Quirky, don't know why this works but it does!

For antenna channels make sure you have a good antenna with the cable and all it's connections to the TV being tight. Since the 10.5 upgrade my TV's signal strength meter hasn't worked as it should, some strong signals still show up with only 1 or 2 bars on the strength meter when they should be 4 or 5 bars while other strong channels show 4 or 5 bars as they should.

Remember these TV's are computers and do the same things computers do. The TV tuners are software digital tuners, not actual tuners like TV's used to have before these smart TV's.

0 Kudos
eightzero
Channel Surfer

Re: Local antenna channels have no programing information

Jump to solution

Unlikely. I expect this bug to persist for weeks or months. Sure wish we could turn off system updates to avoid this periodic loss of functionality. Even the ability to revert to a previous functional version would be welcome.

0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

Re: After Update Antenna (OTA) Channel Guide displays "No information available"

Jump to solution

Did you try changing the zip code? After trying a few different zip codes from my viewing area, it was working again.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

Re: Ota channel guide multiple issues

Jump to solution

What about changing zip code?

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
momhubb
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When rescan didn't work for me, I even tried a full factory reset.  Still no working guide or signal meter.  If these issues don't get fixed, we'll never waste our money again on another Roku TV.  When software updates diminish the original out of the box functionality, that's a sure way to lose repeat customers.

Holly56
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yep I agree 100%

0 Kudos
Baket
Channel Surfer

Antenna TV guide not working and has changed from an antenna into live tv icon?

Jump to solution

Recently I turned on my TV which is hooked to an antenna for the past several years. The icon has now changed, it no longer has the icon of an antenna… It now says live TV. Since then the channel guide says “ no information”.  Only some of the channels have program information now? I never changed anything in the system?

0 Kudos
gillesC
Streaming Star

Re: Antenna TV guide not working and has changed from an antenna into live tv icon?

Jump to solution

TCL P55605 Roku TV Same problem after the icon changed, OTA channels were gone and I had to do a rescan. After that I get the "No Information"

0 Kudos
Baket
Channel Surfer

Re: Can no longer get antenna channels - no channel available

Jump to solution

I’m in the same boat. Never changed anything on my end. It has something to do with the latest update I’m assuming. I’ve tried all the remedies suggested. A portion of the guide is populated but the majority of the guide says no information? Time for Roku to do something about it.

0 Kudos
slp47
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku channel guide doesn't load.

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue, however, I am unable to switch back to antenna from Live TV.  The option is no longer there.  I have tried re-scanning channels, unplugging, all the previous suggestions and nothing has worked.  

0 Kudos