Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robman501a
Level 7

Adding a DVR feature to an Roku TV?

Since my TV has an option to pause live TV by storing the buffer on a USB device, is there a way that I can use the USB port as a DVR?
All I need is an app to record the content on to the USB drive.
I figure it's already recording the content to the USB drive anyway for the pause buffer.

This is the TV that I am using.
https://www.tclcanada.com/products/home-theater/4-series/tcl-43-class-4-series-4k-uhd-hdr-roku-smart...

Own 2x Roku Streaming Stick (Model 3600X) connected to the home theater receivers HDMI port
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Adding a DVR feature to an Roku TV?

There's no known way to do it currently. If Roku is working on something like this, they never acknowledge it until release. No you do have another option. A device called the HD HomeRun connects to your cable/TV antenna and your network, and serves as a networked DVR and can stream the recorded video to a networked device. I prefer to use a computer with a TV card, so I can edit the commercials and other fluff from the recording. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos