Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dandydog2
Reel Rookie

Adding New TV Wiped Out Connectivity for the First TV

Jump to solution

We’ve had an established Roku account and an operating Roku TV for several years. We recently added a second Roku TV (which had previously been operational under another account & still is), and the first TV can no longer connect to the internet. 
How can we rectify this situation? (Note: we can easily get both TVs on the same Roku account, if that’s necessary.)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Adding New TV Wiped Out Connectivity for the First TV

Jump to solution

There shouldn't be any reason why adding a new TV should stop the first one from connecting, whether or not it's on the same Roku account or a different one unless your router can't support another device, but that's highly unlikely.  The first thing to try would be to unplug the power for a minute or so and plug it back in.  You should also do the same for any of your network equipment - gateway/modem/router.  After that, tell us what happens when you go to Settings->Network->Set up connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There shouldn't be any reason why adding a new TV should stop the first one from connecting, whether or not it's on the same Roku account or a different one unless your router can't support another device, but that's highly unlikely.  The first thing to try would be to unplug the power for a minute or so and plug it back in.  You should also do the same for any of your network equipment - gateway/modem/router.  After that, tell us what happens when you go to Settings->Network->Set up connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Dandydog2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

**bleep**, sir - that was simple and effective - thanks for your help!

(I’ve always maintained that when I die I want to be wrapped in damp paper towels and microwaved for 30 seconds, in the hope that this may revive me. Now, if I’m on some kind of life support, I’ll ask to be unplugged for a minute and restarted.)

Can’t hurt.

0 Kudos