Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Add streaming channels back to the live tv

Jump to solution

Yesterday I had streaming channels on the live TV guide but today they are gone. How do I get them back on there. I actually liked the streaming selection that was added to my live tv ota guide. I have a tcl Roku tv model tcl 55s421

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Streaming Channels No Longer Shown With Live OTA Channels In The Live Tv Guide

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that we recently removed a feature which integrated streaming and over-the-air (OTA) content from an HD antenna into a combined live TV channel guide for Roku TV users. Roku TV users will now see only OTA channels when selecting the "Live TV" tile on the Roku home screen. Roku TV users who would like to see streaming content within the live TV channel guide can do so through the "live TV channel guide" tile on The Roku Channel.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
89 Replies
Highlighted

Anyone know how disable Streaming channels this New and "Great" update to the OTA GuldeAnyone know h

Jump to solution

Anyone know how disable Streaming channels this New and "Great" update to the OTA Gulde

Looked everywhere.. OCD and just want my local / OTA channels to show, if I want to see the streaming channels id go to the app

No Setting for this, just one that shows, most used channels

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Anyone know how disable Streaming channels this New and "Great" update to the OTA Guld

Jump to solution

This is a new "feature" that Roku added and you cannot disable it. It sucks bad and everyone is complaining. So far there has been no response to complaints from Roku.  

I for one, am going to throw out this TCL TV.  It is garbage now because I cannot control the content how I want. Shame on ROKU for doing this.  As someone else said:

"Nice move Roku - you just became Comcast." 

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Add streaming channels back to the live tv

Jump to solution

same for me also, they were there now they are gone ?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Really me too, liked it too. Should make it an option on/off ?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here. They were available earlier today and now they're gone. How do I add them back?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Seriously was watching one of the new added channels went to see what was on antenna clicked something then decided I wanted to go back and could not. Completely agitated we really liked having all the channels!  My kids easily accessed cartoons and music. Now I'm just irritated that 200 some people **bleep**ed enough to get it shut off in a day! Seriously give  it back I liked it!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It's been moved to a LiveTV tile in the Roku streaming channel.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Two or three nights ago I turned on my television I don't get good Antenna Service and I was shocked that I had such a really good picture and come to find out it was because the channel guide combined my live TV and my Roku streaming TV together and I thought it was a wonderful upgrade and now that it's going back to me choosing live TV and then having to push the Roku Channel and then go to live TV there to watch other shows instead of them not being combine like they were for the few days that it was I think we should have an option of combining the two a game because I only got seven channels basically where I live with an antenna because of interference and when I get a chance to watch live TV I do but I like to look at Roku streaming live tv as well

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes I also was liking the Streaming live tv option. Where did it go Roku, it was much easier than going into the Roku App to watch these options. How about just add an channel add or delete for the streaming live tv?