Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Puggs74
Level 8

Re: Roku Live Tv Guide App

Jump to solution

just make it a separate icon app.. dont merge it with the live tv app or have it in the roku channel app.. make it a separate app on the home screen or redesign the roku channel app where you click on it and the live tv automatically comes up with the guide & the rest of the of the tv shows that are in the roku channel app that are not on the guide move them to separate section call it on demand or something...

0 Kudos
demsd
Level 13

Re: Add streaming channels back to the live tv

Jump to solution

@CCrouch4, are you crying? There's no crying at Roku.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
Ericah
Level 7

Re: Roku Streaming Channels No Longer Shown With Live OTA Channels In The Live Tv Guide

Jump to solution

Agreed it. I only had it for one day and only had about 30 minutes to actually browse on my lunch. It was nice to have so many options in the same place. It was removed because folks complained, but folks are complaining on the opposite end. Roku-find the middle ground!

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Streaming Channels No Longer Shown With Live OTA Channels In The Live Tv Guide

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that we recently removed a feature which integrated streaming and over-the-air (OTA) content from an HD antenna into a combined live TV channel guide for Roku TV users. Roku TV users will now see only OTA channels when selecting the "Live TV" tile on the Roku home screen. Roku TV users who would like to see streaming content within the live TV channel guide can do so through the "live TV channel guide" tile on The Roku Channel.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
CCDisme
Level 8

Jump to solution

No thank you Danny. I guess I will just need to switch my TV's out to FireTv's. They seem to be the industry leader in this arena.

Sorry for your willingness to be a follower.

Mark

Justreal
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just keep the live channels then...not interested.

whoising
Level 7

Jump to solution

Adding my vote for including Streaming Channels in the OTA Guide. 

I was surprised to see anyone not wanting this, but saw some good arguments for different situations so can understand not wanting Streaming in the OTA Guide.

But there's a clear polarized topic with a segment on each side, so having a setting and allowing us to choose is clearly best choice.

Is it possible to have an option to display Streaming Channels in OTA Guide? The Live TV app still serves a purpose for manual operation for those who prefer clean OTA Guide.

0 Kudos
Lantern
Level 9

Jump to solution

They  were quick in taking it down..but not responsive in putting it back on.

Mvmtech
Level 7

Jump to solution

Do we have to petition to get the feature back or demand refund, because that tells me you want to control my device for which I purchased to control myself. Please tell us how to enable feature, because that was truly unfair and tells the consumer they have no say when they purchase your product. 

GatorMark
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Mvmtech wrote:

Do we have to petition to get the feature back or demand refund, because that tells me you want to control my device for which I purchased to control myself. Please tell us how to enable feature, because that was truly unfair and tells the consumer they have no say when they purchase your product. 

Look, I am upset too because I like the feature. However, unless you bought Roku during the eight hours that feature was up, then asking for a refund is nonsense. This passive aggressive approach does not work. I am sure they will develop something to accommodate everyone. I just wish they would communicate something to us.