Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cfrobw
Level 8

Re: Add streaming channels back to the live tv

Jump to solution

Maybe if enough of us complain that we want it back they will make a setting in the Roku app that will add the list of channels to the lineup. And make an option that allows other app makers like Pluto TV have an option in their app allow the user to addTheir streaming channels guide to the lineup with Live TV “Live Streaming” “Pluto Streaming” They advertise 1000’s of channels withe the Roku product! Make it so we can find and watch them easier. Not that I use all the apps I installed, but if you want to look for something to watch it’s a hassle switching between apps. Make a setting in the Roku tv App with a check mark box “Add Live Streaming” to Live TV guide lineup. 

Lantern
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes they can do this.

yobry1
Level 9

Jump to solution

I agree. I loved all those channels. I can't believe all the fuddy duddys who don't like such a vast selection of channels to choose from. Thanks alot jerks for ruining it for the rest of us.

yobry1
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you. Now if they'd only give us the option of putting it back to the antenna, that would be great.

cfrobw
Level 8

Jump to solution

I agree completely!!!

HEY ROKU PLEASE GIVE USERS THE ABILITY TO PUT LIVE STREAM CHANELS BACK ON THE LIVE TV CHANNEL GUIDE.

EVERYONE WHO AGREES PLEASE GIVE A KUDOS ON THIS MESSAGE

jasonsawtelle
Level 8

Jump to solution

Me:

Let me watch some LIVE TV on my antenna. What’s on TV? Let me open the channel guide. Oh look! Roku supplemented my regular antenna channels with a 100 internet channels. Awesome! And I can browse the guide for all my channels all at once. Super cool Roku. Good move!

No one:

I want to watch 100 free internet channels. Let me go to Roku Channel. Roku channel is like TV in a TV. Hmm. I see a bunch of tiles that looks like Netflix but some are shows and some are movies and some are news. I can only see a few tiles at once and I have to go up and down and left and right a bunch. Oh look. Some live tv too! Tap left left left left left left left left left left left. See All. VERY EASY TO USE!

I wonder if the combined guide, if you  didn’t want to see internet channels mixed with OTA channels. I wonder if you could HIDE the channels you don’t want to see. Kind of like how you can HIDE channels in a DVR or any other TV made since the 90’s. 

jasonsawtelle
Level 8

Jump to solution

Here is the Tweet that Roku posted to announce the glorious combined guide feature:

https://twitter.com/roku/status/1280241367491411975

Read the comments! So many haters! Visit and refute these Grumpy Guide Grumps

yobry1
Level 9

Re: Combining channels from all sources.

Jump to solution

yet all you'd need to do is create a favorite channel list so you won't be overwhelmed, that way the rest of us can have all those channels, but thanx to you ppl who can't handle having that many options, the rest of us get screwed. And btw, Roku makes the changes, not TCL. Tcl only makes the hardware.

yobry1
Level 9

Jump to solution

WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!! Thanx to "YOU PEOPLE" who can't handle having more options to watch, the rest of us GET SCREWED!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT, says MOST PEOPLE! And btw, you can make a FAVORITES list with your ota channels which would've worked with all those live streaming channels.

RemiXmom
Level 7

Jump to solution

Now I’ve lost my Live TV button on the Roku Channel, so I cant even watch there anymore! It was there earlier today, and now it’s gone! WTH, Roku?