Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Add streaming channels back to the live tv

Jump to solution

@drhughes74 wrote:

As with everything else these days, we have to give in to the whiners.

Whiners have a lot of power, sadly. I have to believe Roku is working on an option that will appease those of us who loved the consolidated option. I just wish they would communicate to us, either way.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I believe it was there originally and someone thought it would be a good idea to put it in the channel lineup. I liked it to and wish they would make an o[tion to put it back. or also put the channels inside Pluto TV on the live streaming 

Just make an option to add or remove it yourself. I liked having the guide and not having to guess whats on in live streaming in the Roku app

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can’t believe that people want LESS options on a guide? Roku totally needs to bring it back or make it an option to add streaming channels to the guide. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Live TV Channel Guide?

Jump to solution

I had the new Live TV Channel Guide tile visible and functioning from the Roku Channel yesterday and I loved it! Now it's gone. Any idea why? How do I get it back?

Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Live Tv Guide App

Jump to solution

instead of going through the roku channel app to access the live tv guide.. can you make it a separate app instead so we have the option to add it to the home screen. thanks..

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Live Tv Guide App

Jump to solution

There was an update a few days ago that had the live Roku channel guide inside the live tv icon in the home screen, people complained that there too many channels mixed with the OTA channels so Roku took the live streaming channels out. I wish they would put them back, we don’t get OTA where I live, it was nice not having to go through the Roku app just to get to the live channel guide. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes bring it back! I don’t want to switch apps between live TV and route coo TV if I don’t have to. Put an option to turn it off and or turn off individual channels from live stream.!

@HJH wrote:

I can’t believe that people want LESS options on a guide? Roku totally needs to bring it back or make it an option to add streaming channels to the guide. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Combining channels from all sources.

Jump to solution

Last week our TCL TVs got a glimpse into the future. Suddenly in addition to the 60 or so OTA channels I get with my house antenna, another 100+ channels showed up from streaming sources. Now granted, shoving an additional 100 channels of content down customers throats wasn't the best way to handle the roll out, but neither is the segregated system that's in place now. I absolutely LOVE the idea of integrating OTA content with streaming content, but I don't speak spanish, so I turn off spanish channels. I don't care for 24 hour Jesus channels, so I turn those off. When TCL rolled out the flood of new programming, there wasn't a checkbox I could find to turn any of them off. Now if we have the option to pick and choose what we want to add to the lineup, then that is absolutely 100% how TCL can take it to the next level. If we can add USA Network or Hallmark Channel to our viewing lineups without paying for cable, where ad revenues pay the bills for those networks, then that's the Utopia of TV programming. 

Right now we have to go to the separate Roku Channel and then to the Live TV tile to find these channels, and I still don't see a way to shut off channels that don't speak my native tongue, so there's work to be done on TCL's part, but I would just ask them to please not give up on integrating the streaming channels into the regular OTA channel guide. 

What they did last week was akin to "Hey! You like chocolate? HERE'S 50 GALLONS OF CHOCOLATE SYRUP! OPEN WIDE!" It's a brilliant idea to integrate streaming and OTA/cable programming, but just don't drown us in content on your next attempt. We want to pick our content. That's all we've wanted since the cable boom in the 80s. TCL is finally in a position to actually pull it off. So to the TCL coders, I say, "Please try again, but allow us to pick and choose." And while you're at it, the favorites situation is just silly. Let us flag our own favorites. Freedom of choice is a wonderful thing.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@jrkenn wrote:

Yesterday I had streaming channels on the live TV guide but today they are gone. How do I get them back on there. I actually liked the streaming selection that was added to my live tv ota guide. I have a tcl Roku tv model tcl 55s421

Yeah same for me. My live TV and Roku steaming channels all showed under live TV for 1 day and I loved having extra channels for free all under 1 place, then all of a sudden the Roku steaming channels disappeared. Roku, please tell me how to get them back. It seems like the people who want the channels together with OTA don't have them and the people who don't want them have them lol. I have Roku TV version 5317X.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@devfrag wrote:

It's been moved to a LiveTV tile in the Roku streaming channel.

Yeah that's the problem. They had them both together so you didn't have to go to 2 separate apps to view OTA and Roku steaming live guide.