Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbpattyo
Level 7

Activation on Roku TV

I have checked everything and can not get my Roku TV activated.  Internet connections are secure.  I have entered the provided code several times.  I have reset, reset to factory and started over several times.  I this TV broken or what ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Activation

The first thing to check is to make sure you are connected to the genuine Roku web site. This sounds suspiciously like you are on a scam site. You should be on this site only: https://my.roku.com/link and don't believe what the browser tab says. Make sure that's the exact URL you are on.

If that checks out OK, the next thing to try is using an alternate Internet source. The most successful reports have used a phone hotspot. Connect your Roku to the hotspot and use that until the activation is completed.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos