Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BOjeda
Level 7

Activation Code on Roku TV

I bought a Hisense Roku smart tv R6 series & the first problem I had was it would not come on at all. So I called Hisense & they had to replace a motherboard to the tv that was on March 26. As of 4 days ago I am unable to watch tv due to it not working properly. So I’ve been on the phone with Hisense & when they looked into it they said get in touch with Roku for software issues. So Friday 4-3 I was chatting with an agent & they told me to do a factory reset on the tv okay done that. Now I’m at the page where you have to link your tv to the Roku link okay you have to have a code for that & the tv is not giving a code. This is a new tv I have bought & having so many issues. So I get that nobody is in the office to answer phone okay so I have emailed multiple times & nobody is getting back with me. It’s very frustrating because I have small kids that want to watch tv & can’t because of this bull **bleep**. Hisense & Roku both know this tv is a lemon & yet I keep getting a huge run around. Either fix this issue or replace the tv. 

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Activation Code on Roku TV

@BOjeda 

Thanks for the note. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

If you are unable to obtain an activation code, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your Roku TV. We would also recommend trying to connect and set up your Roku TV using an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot. Once your Roku TV has been setup, you can reconnect to your wireless network.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BOjeda
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R 

Danny,

I have done a factory reset on the tv. I’ve done everything. I also have emailed the Roku support & they have only answered me 2 times. I use the hotspot off my IPhone. I’ve called Hisense many times about this & they keep saying it’s a Roku issue that Roku needs to fix it. I just keep getting the run around on this & it’s crazy because from the start that I bought this tv brand new I’ve had so many issues. I have children & they are unable to watch tv do to not being able to set it up properly. I’ve done everything & nothing is working. Can someone not help out on this situation? & stop giving me a run around on what to do.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@BOjeda 

Thanks for the information.

If you have already reached out to our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve your issue with activating your Roku TV as they are best able to assist you at this time.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tiffanyishere
Level 7

I am trying to activate Roku TV on my brand new TV the ONN Roku TV. It says enter the URL Roku.com/link gives me a code I do it it gets halfway through downloading and then shuts off and goes completely back to the enter you are L Roku.com/link it will not download completely and it keeps taking me back to the screen help

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Tiffanyishere 

Thanks for the inquiry,

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku TV.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot to see if you can download the software update. Then once your Roku TV is setup, switch back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
danielswift69
Level 7

Hey Tiffanny,

I had the same problem as you. Try deactivating your roku account. Then, on a different phone, open a new account. Do not try doing it on the same phone you activated your original account. Use some else's phone to open a new account. That worked for me. I fought with the same problem you have for days. Let me know how that works out for you.  If you have any problems, message me and I'll give you my number and walk you through it. Good luck

0 Kudos
william2005
Level 7

Re: Activation Code on Roku

Voici mon code d'activation pour ROKU tv 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@william2005 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can use the activation code given to you and go to roku.com/link to activate your Roku TV.

For more information about how to activate your Roku TV, visit our Support page here: How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bandslam99
Level 7

I have activated my Roku tv and it timed up before I could finish activating . I need a new code . Thanks 

0 Kudos