Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonBrook

Acorn TV says to login through Roku. Roku says I'm registered. Can't watch Acorn

I had a power outage three months ago.  As a result, all my Roku channels were disabled.  I have gotten back all but I mistakenly subscribed AGAIN for ACORN.  I attempted to get rid the additional subscription, which seemed to work.  Now, Acorn TV asks me to sign in using Roku.  I go to Roku.com and it says, I'm subscribed just fine.  What's up? Can't get into Acorn.

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: Acorn TV says to login through Roku. Roku says I'm registered. Can't watch Acorn

I don't know anything about this topic. But, I've seen it said numerous times to remove the problem app; then go to home>settings>system>power & do the "restart" there. (If "fast-start is enabled, I would disable that. It seems to cause corruptions to remain in memory.). Then add the app again. Apparently removing an app may not remove it (one of many bugs that are accepted as the norm.).

If that doesn't work, people are usually directed to the app's support.

A settings>advanced>factory reset should blow everything away, and start fresh. But, you'll have to go through all your setup activities again. (If I did that, I might unplug the tv, hold the power button for a minute, and leave it unplugged for some time. It seems like that does something a factory reset doesn't. Again, the accepted norm.).

Maybe the above would get you started in the direction I anticipate you'll be sent in. Also, you should edit your post & remove your email address. The moderator will eventually do it. Might as well do it yourself (forum's rules don't allow that.).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos