Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgmcrm
Reel Rookie

Access to this program is not included in your spectrum Tv subscription

I know this is duplicate of other posts.  It is impossible to switch between Fox News and Fox Business without Roku power down/up and going thru a complex signing in process involving my ISP credentials and Fox credentials EACH TIME I change.  It didn't used to be this way.  Please fix this bug, or maybe it is a deliberate annoyance.  I bought Roku to allow use of my home ISP credentials when traveling. Now it is useless.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Access to this program is not included in your spectrum Tv subscription

Hi @dgmcrm

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System > System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Meyer3816
Reel Rookie

This is also happening to me but with the Lifetime App. Truly frustrating especially when you pay for the additional channels and then are unable to have access to the programs you want to watch. 

0 Kudos
Meyer3816
Reel Rookie

I attempted your solution but am unable to do a system reset without doing a full factory reset. I can go to settings>system but then there isn't a option for system restart>restart 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Meyer3816

Thanks for the post.

Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device? Are you able to perform a system restart through Settings > System > Power > System Restart?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dgmcrm
Reel Rookie

Yes, I was using a Roku device.  System restart did not fix the problem.  I only had internet service, not TV service, but the internet service was provided by Spectrum.  Spectrum insisted it was not their problem.  The only channels that were affected were Fox News and Fox Business.  So, I turned my complaints toward Fox sending two or three complaint messages a day.  Since this problem occurred at my part-time residence, when I returned after being gone maybe 10 days I was no longer receiving the error message.

Now after over a year I have cut the cord from the TV service provider at my primary residence.  I no longer need to use the old credentials because I am using a Sling subscription via Roku.  I don’t think this was ever a Roku problem, but actually a Fox problem.  I never received any feedback from Fox.  The problem just went away after barraging them with complaints.

0 Kudos
Meyer3816
Reel Rookie

Thank you for reaching back out so quickly but I was able to have the issue resolved! Spectrum said it was actually on their end!