Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evianproperties
Level 7

Access HDMI in guest mode no Internet

internet is out in a home where TVs are in guest mode. Is there a way to access the HDMIs to connect other devices? Right nowTVs are asking for pin to exit guest mode. I do not want to give my guests this access. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
capfuturo99
Level 8

Re: Access HDMI in guest mode no Internet

Did you ever figure this out? I have two TCL Roku TVs and my guests are saying they cannot access their Apple TV connected to HDMIs, and every time the TV are powered on, Roku greets them with the "Guest Mode" screen without defaulting to the HDMI input which should be Apple TV. They are not happy :-(

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@capfuturo99

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, is the Roku TV set in Guest Mode? If so, the default screen when the Roku TV is turned on will be to the Guest Mode screen and not the HDMI input, as Roku TVs in general, are not set/memorize the previous input used.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
capfuturo99
Level 8

Thanks Danny. The issue is that Roku in Guest Mode cannot currently access the HDMIs, which is incomprehensible to me. Is there a solution to this without exiting Guest Mode? Normally in the normal mode there is an option in TCL Roku TV to always start up on the last input selected at the moment the TV was powered. So if we had HDMI 1 connected to an Apple TV, we would always have the Apple TV signal from the HDMI 1 input on the screen on powering back on the Roku TV. This is not happening in Guest mode.

0 Kudos