Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarruda
Reel Rookie

AOC RokuTV - Model 8309X - Restart if HDMI is selected after 10.5.0 upgrade

My AOC RokuTV - Model 8309X  got the 10.5.0 software upgrade in Nov 16.

After that if any HDMI port is selected the image will show for few seconds and the TV will reboot.

That process repeat after the reboot, so it is impossible to use any HDMI port at this time.

All the other functions are working fine.

It seems the 10.5.0 version is broken since everything was working as expected before that upgrade.

There are multiple similar posts from other users of this same model in Brazil. I'm in contact with AOC (the TV manufacture) but they have no clue. 

I saw in other posts that some RokuTV models got a rollback to fix a similar issue. Any plans to do that for this model or have a fix soon?

4 REPLIES 4
LukasSkywalker
Reel Rookie

Re: AOC RokuTV - Model 8309X - Restart if HDMI is selected after 10.5.0 upgrade

Same here.

Same model (8309X) and same problem.

Any input on any HDMI restarts after several seconds when I press any button that opens the TV overlay (volume or * symbol for example).

If I don't press anything it does not restart but I cannot change anything (volume, settings, etc).

I though that was my TV or HDMI devices but it looks like it is this 10.5.0 update.

Can we at least get a firmware rollback until it is fixed?

Roku TV: 8309X

AOC model: 43S5195

Software version: 10.5.0 build 4201-AG

0 Kudos
LukasSkywalker
Reel Rookie

It looks like that we are not getting an update or rollback and with that losing the HDMI for our TV.

Other models are getting updates and the posts about the 10.5 update are getting scarce.

0 Kudos
jarruda
Reel Rookie

I can't believe Roku will not fix the software issue that renders the TV unusable.

@RokuDanny-R  can we get some reply from someone on Roku about this issue?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@LukasSkywalker @jarruda

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue further. Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing:

can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of the issue

With more detailed information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos