Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BOYD2012
Reel Rookie

Re: AMC Plus: Unauthorized Request on Welcome Back Screen

Jump to solution

When you sign up for AMC Plus on Roku you have to access AMC Plus through the Roku channel and if you want to use the AMC Plus app directly you have to sign up for it on the AMC site and i cant believe the Roku support did not know to tell people this.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’m getting the same thing too. This is frustrating because one of the reasons why I got AMC plus so that I could watch Halloween content. I also paid directly to AMC Plus so the username and password should work. I’m not getting it through a provider.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Whitefalcon111

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact AMC Plus support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach AMC Plus support here.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RSands9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I signed up online for the Black Friday special rate for AMC Plus and now am trying to log in on the AMC Plus app which I downloaded on Roku. I went to the sign in screen and logged in with my email and password, but it said “it looks like this email already has an account, return to sign in screen.” So I did, but then after putting In my password there, I got the “unauthorized request” screen! I tried it again with exact same result. Unauthorized Request. AMC Plus says to check with you. What do I do to successfully log in so I can access AMC Plus programming? I’ve already paid for a year’s subscription but can’t get started!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @RSands9,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

For more information about that channel's account authentication functionality, It's best to reach out directly to get the channel going on your Roku. They can resolve the error you are having with the channel login. Please be noted that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication and many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach AMC Plus support here: http://support.amcplus.com/en/support/home 

If you're still in need of assistance, be sure to connect with us so we can help at support.roku.com/contactus.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Sbeckxu

Jump to solution

Same here and AMC Plus technical support is below useless. Calling Amex to reverse the subscription charge.

0 Kudos
RSands9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I wrote to AMC Plus. their tech team responded that i should reinstall app, and try again. I did that. Still 'Unathorized Request.' She said that it might not work, and they are aware of this issue and working on it. Please give them a 'few days'. but i see here that this is an ongoing issue for months and months! Jeez.

Jump to solution

My wife ordered both Showtime and AMC Plus with a gift card and Showtime does not start. AMC Plus asks us to login, email seems ok, but the password not so much we get unauthorized request. Please help.

0 Kudos
K1lroy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same exact half assed response that i got from them. If you go to the AMC Plus app on Roku and check your subscription, look at the expiration date.

This is mine and i think this is the problem, absolutely no help from AMC Plus with nothing but lip service from them. I have had it less than three months and this is the second time i am having this issue. Last time it was four days and this time i am now seven full days in to no access. I paid them for a full year back in August and feel i should get a full refund and they can cancel the account. IT IS WORTHLESS and i urge people to stay far away from their service.

roku issue.jpg

0 Kudos
Slyrayven
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I discovered with a bit of trial and error that while the AMC Plus website will allow passwords with extended ASCII special characters, the password for the Roku app will not accept them. So I had a complex password that worked just fine on the website but failed with an 'unauthorized request' on the Roku app.

When I went into the website and changed my password to have one basic special characters, then tried logging into the Roku app again, it worked fine.