Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMC Plus: Unauthorized Request on Welcome Back Screen

Jump to solution

We are trying to start a subscription to AMC Plus, but it asks for login and then gives an Unauthorized request error on the Welcome Back screen. Checked and changed passwords and it is all spot on. Website says we have it but still nothing on the device.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: AMC Plus: Unauthorized Request on Welcome Back Screen

Jump to solution

Hey @Spongebobsp

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. Please be advised that channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest reaching out to AMC Support to report the issue and get help. They can resolve the error you are having with channel authentication.

You can contact them here: https://www.amcnetworks.com/contact-us/. We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @Spongebobsp

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. Please be advised that channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest reaching out to AMC Support to report the issue and get help. They can resolve the error you are having with channel authentication.

You can contact them here: https://www.amcnetworks.com/contact-us/. We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem with unauthorized request on welcome back screen but I’m subscribed thru Roku. It asked for my Roku email and put that in with my password and still the same thing. Please help with this.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Enchantedwolfe

Thanks for the post. You can try removing the channel then add it back in. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel. You can check this Support link for detailed instructions: How do I resolve channel playback issues? If the issue persists, I would recommend following my suggestion in my post above.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
SCollins

Jump to solution

That doesn't work, that's the first thing I tried.

0 Kudos
rlstanley

Jump to solution

I'm getting the same thing.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@SCollins @rlstanley

Thanks for the posts.

If removing then re-installing the channel didn't resolve the issue you're having with AMC Plus, I would recommend following my initial suggestion in this thread. The channel's customer support team is the best one to assist you with this matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sjwolf64

Jump to solution

I'm getting same error. Ridiculous. Canceling tomorrow. Not worth the hassle. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Sjwolf64

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact AMC Plus support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We just had the same problem. We solved it by going to the actual website, amc.com and creating an account there. Had it on our TV in 2 seconds afterwards.