Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anamandy
Channel Surfer

A new Roku tv for a vacation home

Jump to solution

My sister bought me a Roku tv for the guest room when I visit her in Florida. I guess she doesn't want me using the tv in the living room because it is close to her bedroom. Anyway, she pulled it out of the box, plugged it in, put in the code, and she doesn't remember anything after that except that it worked. She doesn't remember if she received a confirmation email or not and can't find it when searching her emails, so assumed she didn't receive one. She also said though the box was sealed there was no paperwork. I love my sister, but she is a total ditz. I find it hard to believe that Roku never sent her an email or that there was no paperwork included with the tv. 

So, my question is, how do I get all the channels I use on my Roku tv in NY onto the Roku tv in Florida?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: A new Roku tv for a vacation home

Jump to solution

@anamandy   Are you are talking apps like Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, Peacock, Disney + etc... ?  Does anyone else use the room except you?  If you answer Yes to my first question and No to my second question, I would just do a factory reset on the TV and link it to your account.  The other option is to leave the TV linked to your sister's account and login to the apps using your user name and password.  If your sister has a Roku account any apps added to this TV will also be added to her TV if they are linked to the same account. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
anamandy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Okay, she found the email in another email address she barely uses.  So, apparently, she activated the tv.  So how can she add the apps I use to this tv?

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku doesn’t make TVs first of all. The TV was made by TCL, Hisense, ONN, Sharp or some other name brand. We do not know what channels you use on your other TV. Netflix? Hulu? Disney? Did you watch the Roku Channel? You said you live in NY but now your in FL. So what channels were you watching in NY? Antenna? Live tv streaming service subscription? If you own a Roku TV in NY and you want what you have in FL you can log into the TV under guest mode. But local channels work off zip code and IP address so it’s not possible to have the same locals in 2 different states 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@anamandy   Are you are talking apps like Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, Peacock, Disney + etc... ?  Does anyone else use the room except you?  If you answer Yes to my first question and No to my second question, I would just do a factory reset on the TV and link it to your account.  The other option is to leave the TV linked to your sister's account and login to the apps using your user name and password.  If your sister has a Roku account any apps added to this TV will also be added to her TV if they are linked to the same account. 

0 Kudos
anamandy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, app like that. The tv will be used by whoever comes for a visit and stays in that bedroom when I am not there. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@anamandy  So is this your TV then? If you are the only one who is using it then log into the tv as you do in NY. Then enable guest mode for guests. But even if your logged into the tv under your sister it doesn’t matter. Just download the channels you want. It’s that easy 

0 Kudos
anamandy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I know this is an old posting, but I wound up doing a factory reset and put it under my account and all my channels are now there. Thanks for all your help, everyone. 😊

0 Kudos