Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Shattered tV screen on the inside of the 50 inc Smart Roku TV, not the outside

Hello everyone, my 50 inc roku tv got bumped and the screen shattered on the inside of tv, from reading reviews on google, everyone is advising to buy a new one. because it will cost too much. It seems many have had this problem. I would like to hear from rook about this issue, if they fix these issues, and how much it cost. it was a birthday gift, I only had it a few months before this incident happen, and before I throw it away, I thought I would check first on repairs first. my warranty expired since then.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: A Shattered tV screen on the inside of the 50 inc Smart Roku TV, not the outside

@alesiamanuel  Roku doesn’t make TVs. You can reach out to your TVs manufacturer and see what they say. But damage won’t be covered. And there is no tv repair shops anymore. So your only choice is to throw it out and buy a new one. You maybe able to find an aftermarket market repair kit online but it wouldn’t be worth the effort. Roku TV’s aren’t expensive to begin with. If you found a way to fix your screen it would probably cost about 75% of what a new TV would cost. You can pick up a new TCL Roku TV 50” for $298 at Walmart 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: A Shattered tV screen on the inside of the 50 inc Smart Roku TV, not the outside

See this post for information about contacting the company that makes your Roku TV.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Check your home insurance and credit cards to see if you have accidental damage benefits

Won't stop the broken one going to landfill but may gain you some money for a replacement (unless maker will treat it as warranty replacement or part replacement).

List the broken one on various sales sites in case some tinkerer wants to play with what is left, at least the spare remote is worth something.

Not a Roku employee