Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPLavigne
Level 8

Re: 9.4.0 Update is broken TCL Build 4190 PS5 worked 1 day ago before update

@eddiecasillas I don't how you could disable HDCP without seeing the home screen of your ps5, maybe if you connected it to another display like a monitor, you could disable HDCP on the ps5 and connect it to the tv again after. 

I pretty convinced this would work.

WYTEBOYCHRIS
Level 7

You're absolutely right! I disabled HDCP on my PS5 and once I did it fixed my issue. 

Maybear52
Level 7

After over 15 emails with ROKU Support they keep telling me ROKU has no knowledge of this issue. Each email from ROKU Support basically told me to do the same things over and over and denied 9.4.0 had/has any issues. My video to audio sync issues seemed to be corrected by individual channels updating with new channel configuration. NETFLIX was my worst and they updated this morning, seems to have corrected the issue. HULU is my holdout, though it is intermittent not like the other channels which were constant immediately after the 9.4.0 upgrade. I can say this, removing a channel and reinstalling with the same software did not correct the issue. It seems (from my perspective) only a new update from the channel corrected the problem. When I told ROKU Support that their community had many customers with the same issue, they ignored and even denied such an issue had been reported. 

0 Kudos
Ceridwen
Level 10

They broke hdcp with the update and they’re not even admitting that they did it. Buy new TVs and never buy another roku or tcl product again and recommend that all your friends do the same. Roku and tcl are terrible companies that don’t care at all about their customers. The only thing we can do is slowly put them out of business by not giving them our patronage.

0 Kudos
sporez
Level 8

This is really frustrating because I’ve recommended TCL as a good budget option. All they have to do for now is just roll the firmware back until they want to put in the effort to fix the bugs!

0 Kudos
Ceridwen
Level 10

They’re not going to do that because they don’t recognize the fact that there’s a problem.

0 Kudos
anthonyatom
Level 7

Update on my issue.  After constantly posting about problems on both TCL and Roku's Twitter page, they have reached out for my information about someone contacting me with a solution.  As soon as I speak to a rep, I'll let you guys know what their solution is. 

0 Kudos
Ceridwen
Level 10

Thanks, it’s difficult to get my hopes up for this going anywhere. Thank you though and good luck. Everyday this continues I get more upset and I end up posting really hateful remarks and I know that doesn’t help. I just need to vent my frustration.

0 Kudos
Bigz
Level 7

Glad I can help people need to look at my post more might solve most of people l problem 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated in my previous post, we are aware of the issue and are working on a resolution. I'll be sure to update this thread once more information is available.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator