Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darkzadow
Level 8

Re: 9.4.0 Update is broken TCL Build 4190 PS5 worked 1 day ago before update

Thanks for the info. Based on all the responses. the switcher works because it's only feeding one input in at a time. Since the work around so far is to only have one device plugged in. Looks like the TV's are having issues with multiple hdcp inputs 

0 Kudos
Gpat
Level 7

I also experience the same issue with the 2019 TCL model 65S425 TV. If I have my Google TV and Xbox One X plugged in and running at the same time with 4k resolution, both inputs will flash the screen between the actual image and a black screen. Unplugging either input will cause the flashing to stop.

0 Kudos
TLCbrokeMyPS5
Level 7

Same thing happened to me.

I'm on 9.4.0 -- Complete black screen at launch. No 4k support. What a mess. 

0 Kudos
JPLavigne
Level 8

Something similar is happening to me. When the Ps5 and the JBL link bar are plugin and powered on at the same time, the ps5 screen goes to black but roku os popup still work and when I'm connected to the google tv of the sound bar. I get a Green frame about each second.

Is any dev from Roku looking at this thread? Is there anyway to report the issue.

0 Kudos
fortmacfx4
Level 7

Mine is doing the same.  I can't have my PS4 Pro and PS5 hooked up at the same time.  Thought my stuff was broken, so pissed, if Roku doesn't fix this soon i'm selling.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what external devices are you plugging into the Roku TV
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
JPLavigne
Level 8

@RokuDanny-R this should help. From my testing, there's an issue every time there's more than one HDCP device connected.

Roku TV brand and model: TCL 55R615-CA
serial number: YS00KA352977
deviceID: FV299K352977
Devices :Playstation 5 : hdmi 1, Jbl Link bar : Hdmi 3 (ARC)
trackerID : 77-465-384

0 Kudos
TLCbrokeMyPS5-2
Level 7

Hey everyone. This appears to be linked to a sound bar connected via ARC. Or perhaps similar to previous posters the common theme is multiple devices connected via HDMI. 

if I disconnect my ARC HDMI connected sound bar I can get 4k video on my HDMI 1 connected PS5— no more black screen. 

To be clear this issue was NOT occurring previous to the 9.4.0 update. It appears to be a conflict with the sound bar or HDMI configuration. 

0 Kudos
TheScott
Level 7

Re: 9.4 Update Broke 2 HDMI inputs

I have a 55S401, and since getting the update a week ago, my TV can no longer handle two 4k HDMI inputs. I have my AV Receiver hooked into HDMI 1, and my PS4 Pro into HDMI 2. When both are set to 4K, the screen will flash between the image, a blank screen, or what looks like snow from an old analog TV. Both inputs will do this. If I disconnect 1, the other is fine. If I switch one to 1080p, both are fine. But just the act of plugging in the second 4k device screws up the first, even if I don't switch to the other input. 

This never happened before the update, and nothing else has changed in my setup. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Pdogg
Level 8

Re: TCL Roku TV 55S515 Screen Flickering when on HDMI ports

I have the same issue so what I had to do was unplug two hdmi’s from their devices and just use one device plugged in at a time.  It’s annoying but that is what I have had to do.  Roku support tried telling me it has to be a hardware issue but I have had to explain what I’m telling you to 3 different customer service reps on their Twitter support by messaging them.  I told them others have had the same problem and gave them the link to the Roku forums as proof. Hopefully they get their act together and patch this.