Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramik
Level 7

Re: 9.4.0 Update is broken TCL Build 4190 PS5 worked 1 day ago before update

I had the same issue, and I had to unplug fire tv cube. 

But also you can disable HDCP from PS5 settings and it works with fire tv cube on 

ggroch
Level 8

I am having this issue with a FireTV Cube and the new just released Chromecast.  When both are connected directly to two TCL RokuTV HDMI inputs, the screen flashes on/then black/then snow.  Physically disconnecting either the Cube or the Chromecast.   This did not happen before the recent 4190 firmware update. 

0 Kudos
ggroch
Level 8

Re: TCL Roku TV 55S515 Screen Flickering when on HDMI ports

I am having a similar issue when my FireTV Cube and newest Chromecast are connected to my TCL Roku directly to 2 different HDMI inputs.

The only fix so far is to only connect 1 device to the TV's HDMI inputs...so to watch the Chromecast I have to physically unplug the FireTV HDMI cable...and vise/versa.   I believe it was caused by the new Roku TV firmware update. 

0 Kudos
TheGang007
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku TV 55S515 Screen Flickering when on HDMI ports

Found the solution.. https://youtu.be/zefoPrUklN8

after following step in this video, my hdmi ports started normally again.

0 Kudos
jkam
Level 8

It's actually a pretty cheap switcher I'm using but seems to do the job.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PFHWHQT?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

0 Kudos
Jinmasu
Level 8

Ever get so mad over an update you go out over the weekend and purchase a new tv brand and say never again roku? Cause I did. The fact we can’t roll back this turd amazes me.  My ps5 has been useless all weekend cause the hdr is so washed out now. Good luck roku, I’m done. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-are you using a HDMI switcher? what HDMI switcher are you using?
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (2)
ac2basis
Level 7

Re: The 9.4 Update HDMI inputs issue

More shoddy work from Roku and TCL with this update. As others mentioned it's the HDMI ports on my ##65r617. I have the new Chromecast with GoogleTV on hdmi 2 and the ps5 on hdmi 1. If the Chromecast is on which it always is and I switch to hdmi 1 I get a black screen. I unplug the power to the Chromecast and then suddenly the PS5 input will display. I'm not very hopeful this will get fixed as Roku does not give a **bleep** about customer service. Maybe TCL will do something but I'm doubtful

0 Kudos
Pdogg
Level 8

I finally got mine working too by unplugging all other HDMI devices and using just one.  They need to patch this up on the TCL tvs.

0 Kudos
RedRider4581
Level 7

Roku TV brand and model: make - TCL, year - 2018, model r615
-serial number: YS009U451988
-device ID: L4V919451988
-software OS/version: 9.4.0, build 4190-30

Problem: TV feed flashes between video and black screen approximately every 1 to 2 seconds. Appears TV is not able to stop feed from one HDMI port to show video on another HDMI port.

HDMI switcher not used. I did attempt to move to different HDMI port. Note: BLU RAY player on HDMI 1. Fire TV Cube on HDMI 2. Xbox One X on HDMI 3. I switched HDMI 2 and 3. Not successful, issue still present. With TV cube connected and powered on; I can turn-on Xbox One X. But, when I play a Microsoft video feed or run HBO Max, the screen flashes. The flashing occurs on both HDMI ports 1 and 2. The flashing stops after a few seconds if I remove power cord from either TV cube or Xbox. I tested my BLU RAY. I started a movie and let it run. I switched to HDMI 2 and Fire TV cube had no flashing present. I turned off the TV cube and powered on Xbox One X. The BLU RAY movie was still running. I started HBO MAX movie and had no flashing. The BLU RAY movie was still running. I powered up the TV Cube and the flashing occurred again. I moved the Xbox to HDMI 1 and completely disconnected the BLU RAY. I left TV Cube on HDMI 2. The flashing still occurs with Cube powered on and running MS video or HBO Max video. Turn off the Cube and flashing for videos on Xbox One X stops after a few minutes.

I will start the tracker ID tonight.

0 Kudos