Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

9.4.0 Update is broken TCL Build 4190 PS5 worked 1 day ago before update

TCL TV...I got a PS5 yesterday, everything was working great, today I turn on my PS5 an I'm getting no signal. HDR pops up on the screen and then everything goes black. Then I notice that my TV was just updated to 9.4.0 today. I got around it by putting the PS5 on HDMI 2 with an HDMI 2.2 switcher I have plugged in there. Frustrated to say the least. Got a good scare thought my PS5 was the issue. 

83 Replies
Level 8

Re: 9.4.0 Update is broken TCL Build 4190 PS5 worked 1 day ago before update

I think the same thing happened to me. Had to turn hdcp on ps5 off to get it to run again. Is it any specific 2.2 switcher you are using?

I literally had the same issue on my end. I found that having my 4K Google TV input plugged in and running at the same time caused my PS5 display to pop out right after the 4190 update today. I booted it up in safe mode and tried a lower resolution (1080p) and it worked for some reason

as a temp work-around I’ve just been unplugging the google tv HDMI while I play my PS5 at 4K. Honestly, this really needs to be fixed soon...

Level 8

You sir are a gentalman and a scholar. Unplugged all other hdmi (ps4 pro and amazon video chat) and worked. 

Thank you. Was thinking I'd need a new tv

No problem, I’m glad it helped someone!

If you only knew the day I had, troubleshooting my PS5/TV and stressing over whether I’d need to send it back. The onus is on Roku to get this patched ASAP..

Level 7

This worked for me as well, THANK YOU!

Totally thought my PS5 was bricked with flickering black screen with only the hdr logo showing up.

enabling 2160p or setting to auto would cause the black screen.  Only work around I figured out was hdcp set to off fixed that piece.

After seeing this post, Unplugged my other hdmi connection and was able to turn hdcp back on.  What a **bleep**ty night turned around.  Hopefully roku fixes this...thanks again for posting 

Level 7

TCL Roku TV 55S515 Screen Flickering when on HDMI ports

Hi,

So we bought the 55S515 back in November 2018 and have had no issues with it until last night. Turned the TV on and went to select my xbox/cable and the screen was flickering on and off. You would hear audio and see the picture for a second, then it would go off as if the connection was gone, then come back up again.

I then checked the other HDMI ports, including the Nintendo Switch and Fire TV and same issue is happening. I even changed out the HDMI, no dice.

Did an update check, factory reset as well, issue is persisting. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku TV 55S515 Screen Flickering when on HDMI ports

Same issue

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku TV 55S515 Screen Flickering when on HDMI ports

I am also getting similar issue..started since yesterday..same tv

0 Kudos
Level 7

Same problem for me. TCL 6 2018 model. patched 13 Nov with 4190. I have to unplug amazon cube to watch HBO on Xbox X. Do the opposite to watch Amazon cube.