Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ceridwen
Level 10

Re: TCL Roku TV 55S515 Screen Flickering when on HDMI ports

Any update yet?

0 Kudos
BrianB1
Level 7

Re: 9.4.0 Update is broken TCL Build 4190 PS5 worked 1 day ago before update

My Xbox series X is doing the same thing. If I use the arc out to my receiver via hdmi the screen locks up if I use an optical cable it works fine most of the time while gaming but once I begin to use the video apps it starts freezing again and the Blu ray is impossible. 

Ceridwen
Level 10

Getting really fed up with tcl and roku, they’ve made a lot of their TVs unusable with this stupid update and they don’t seem to even care. This is the last product I ever buy from roku or tcl.

0 Kudos
anthonyatom
Level 7

Same thing happening to me as well. I have a 55R615 and as soon as I got the 9.4 update, my screen will go black on all my video apps on my Series X. Tried to unplug my other Hdmi devices and still happening.  Hopefully they'll fix this soon.  I seriously though it was just a big with my Series X but it's also happening on my PS4.  

Ceridwen
Level 10

Roku and tcl seem to have systematically ruined their business and alienated all their customers with one simple update. It’s very impressive, well done roku and tcl. Five years from now we’ll be looking back on this and explaining how roku and tcl went out of business.

sporez
Level 8

The fact that this update wasn’t immediately rolled back while they patch the problem is absurd. Crippling TVs for several weeks is unacceptable. 

Ceridwen
Level 10

Because it didn’t happen to everyone and they don’t really care about the people that it did happen to. I would love to be proven wrong but it’s been almost a month and nothing.

0 Kudos
WYTEBOYCHRIS
Level 7

I'm on here because I was searching for a fix and I came across this forum and quickly realize it's not just me.. same thing is happening.. I have a PS5 connected and a ultra chromecast and when they both are connected to the TV via HDMI black screen or flickering. I can unplug one or the other and boom picture comes back on. It's getting old though having to get up and plug one in when I get ready to use it

0 Kudos
TLCbrokeMyPS5-2
Level 7

Everyone here needs to continue posting so this thread shows up In google. It’s an odd issue without a very specific cause. Keep it up everyone. 

eddiecasillas
Level 7

I just got my PS5 and can't use it. TV won't recognize that's its plugged in - keeps asking me if it's plugged in.

Then it started making my HDMI 1 flicker with static, finally got that to stop but still no way to get PS5 to show up. 

It isn't the HDMI 2 port, because other systems show up when I switch them. It isn't the cord, because it works on my computer monitor with the PS5. 

I tried unplugging everything else, didn't help. I tried resetting TV. I tried special trick to restart from a YouTube link someone posted... Nothing. 

0 Kudos