Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

9.2 Update

I keep reading that the 9.2 update is rolling out, but so far I’ve nothing for the 7105x. I want to get the new Disney Plus, but I can only do that on my tv with a 9.2 update. What’s the deal?
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: 9.2 Update

Roku rolls out their updates in stages. In the event that something was missed during testing, there are fewer affected devices to roll back. It appears they have begun the update more widely, so you should see it soon. Send a PM to @RokuDanny-R or @RokuTannerD and they might be able to assist.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@Floofnfloffer The Disney+ channel is not available yet, and no details have been specified/confirmed regarding software requirements for the channel. 

OS 9.2 is rolling out over the coming months on various Roku device platforms. You can see more information in our blog post here

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I was able to manually update my TCL 32S301-W Running Roku 5147X successfully today in order to get Roku OS 9.1 running. Once I signed into my Roku account it started updating the apps and sure enough it added my Disney+ to the lineup.

I had to do all this because under the regular system update process it would only update to 8.4, and wouldn’t find any other available updates. So I factory reset the TV(because it wouldn’t give me the manual option without doing so) and updated it using: https://tvupdate.roku.com/ and following these steps: https://support.roku.com/article/212361468-how-do-i-update-the-software-on-my-roku-tv-

One thing to mention is I had to format my USB drive using FAT32(windows wouldn’t let me do this by default so I had to use a 3rd party USB formatter).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

this is the worse in the last week or so all of my devices have been updating to build 4808.... it removes all my channels and put th 7 it wants Plex, Netflix, Apple TV, Youtube, MTV, LifeTime & Hulu other than Plex & Netflix, I HATE ALL OF THOSE OTHER CHANNEL and have never even entertain them.

7 devices and all useless, have to check with my family and friends but I'm sure that's another 11 that can be used for door stops... Slowly but surely Roku has become and advertisement troll machine which defeats cutting the freaking cord.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@GoRichard Thanks for reaching out.

Device updates do not impact channels installed on your device. Channels can only be removed or modified by a user on any Roku device linked to your account. All Roku devices linked to the same Roku account will sync channels uniformly. If you remove/add a channel on one device linked to your account, the change will be reflected on all Roku devices linked to your account.

I would recommend that you check with anyone else using a Roku device linked to your Roku account to see what changes have been being made, and/or link devices to separate Roku accounts for any users other than yourself. This should resolve that type of issue for you. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@GoRichard wrote:

this is the worse in the last week or so all of my devices have been updating to build 4808.... it removes all my channels and put th 7 it wants Plex, Netflix, Apple TV, Youtube, MTV, LifeTime & Hulu other than Plex & Netflix, I HATE ALL OF THOSE OTHER CHANNEL and have never even entertain them.

That only happens if you do a hard reset on your player and set it up as new. I agree that they add channels I don't select, but unless you've removed all your channels from a player before resetting it, you have the option to just install the channels already listed on your account. A simple firmware update never wipes your channels. Not in the 7 years I've had Roku devices. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

clearly, you're not grasping that I've purchased over 30 Rokus, gave away about 20 as gifts a few years back, because I loved everything about them.

I currently have in my home 2 Roku sticks, 2 Roku2, 3 Roku3, & 2 Roku4 (all purchased before 2019).

none-the-less, I've never done a hard reset on any, never had issues with any, all my channels were setup years ago. Every season (or whenever it is) that the background stupid things are added and/or enabled which I ALWAYS disable. Now right after the New Year the update screwed everything up and if i add my channels back, they get wiped when they get restarted.

this is not on 1 or 2 devices it's on every single device in my home and NO, i did not hard reset anything.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank You for making and assumption that is useless. I'm the only one on my account and no, i didn't start using Roku yesterday It's been over 12 years and never had a problem with any of my settings. and yes I logged on to my account to see if anything was changed and it wasn't.

and even if I try to set it back up as needed when they are restarted they go back to the **bleep** they trying to push the same exact 7 channels.

I've been doing IT for over 30 years and a Systems Administrator for the last 15 so I'm very aware of how to setup a Roku device... I've purchased well over 30 of them and never had and issue with my settings. Hardware failure yes which is natural but the setting across all devices never.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@GoRichard Please send me a private message with the Roku account email address that your devices are linked to. I'd be happy to help investigate this further, and take a closer look to see how these channels are being added to/removed from your account/devices. If you haven't already, I'd recommend checking with any other individuals that may be using any of the devices linked to your account, to see if they have been adding/removing the channels you mentioned. I would also recommend enabling a PIN on your account to prevent anyone else from adding channels to your account on your linked devices. You can see more about how to do that here: https://support.roku.com/article/220128567-how-do-i-create-or-update-the-pin-for-my-roku-account-

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos